none
Azure Stack with CLI not logging into the Admin Account RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

So when i try to link Cli with Azure Stack and i have followed the steps exactly given in this link(https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure-stack/user/azure-stack-version-profiles-azurecli2?view=azs-1907) 

But when i go to step "Connect to Azure Stack"(step 5 in that) and when i select my account(which is an admin) im getting the below error:

"Selected user account does not exist in tenant 'Microsoft Services' and cannot access the application '04b07795-8ddb-461a-bbee-02f9e1bf7b46' in that tenant. The account needs to be added as an external user in the tenant first. Please use a different account."

So i tried creating a different user on the Cloud portal and logged in using that but it says that it does not have any subscription attached to that new user! Although i have given Owner access to that account.

Please do check why its not working fine.

Thanks

Monday, September 16, 2019 12:52 PM

All replies

• Are you using an ADFS or AAD installation for Azure Stack?

The login command asks that you specify the user and the tenant. 

az login -u <Active directory global administrator or user account. For example: username@<aadtenant>.onmicrosoft.com> --tenant <Azure Active Directory Tenant name. For example: myazurestack.onmicrosoft.com>

Make sure that the tenant is correct for what you registered the ASDK with, and that the user you specify exists in that tenant. This error message states that it cannot find the user in the specified tenant. 

Monday, September 16, 2019 11:56 PM