none
Accidently deleted the “Web part” inside schedule. Aspx in project online/project web app RRS feed

• Question

• By mistake I deleted the one of the project’s « web part » that shows the details of the project & enables editing into it. I am not able to recover it ☹

For Example : There is a list of project available in the project center and when we click on any one of the project (by clicking on « open in browser for editing »), it leads to the project detailed page(the web part) where we could make changes in the project.

Unfortunately by mistake, this project detail page has been deleted. I tried my best to recover it by trying various options present in « Add a Web part » in the « Schedule. Aspx » but I could’nt.

Any suggestions regarding, what should I do, so that when I click on any of the project in the project list available in the project center, it will open me the project for editing. Please let me know if I have still not clearly explained my problem. Big thanks in advance to everyone who could help. I really need this to be rectified.

Tuesday, July 7, 2020 7:57 AM

Answers

All replies

• Hello,

If the web part page has been deleted it is not in the recycle bin? If you have the page and not the web part, the web part to add to the page is the "Details" web part found in the "Project Web App" category.

Paul

Paul Mather | Twitter | http://pwmather.wordpress.com | CPS | MVP | Downloads

Tuesday, July 7, 2020 8:48 AM
  • Hello Paul, Thank you for your reply. No, the page is not deleted but only the Web part that contains the all the task of the projects, in which we do the editing.

As per your suggestion,When I added  "details" web part , it does not show me the project with all the tasks dates, resources etc. for editing ( as in project desktop). Rather it shows only a simple timeline with the name of the project and start date. Probably I am still missing some thing.

Note: Although  I can open the project in Project Desktop (by right clicking on the name of the project in the list present in project center) and do the editing there. But it cannot be done in project online as the web part is deleted.

Thanks again in advance. Your help is really appriciated.

Tuesday, July 7, 2020 10:06 AM
  • Hello,

Have you added the web part back on the page - saved the web part page and refreshed the page - it should then show the project (if you are editing the page from a project via the Project Center).

Paul

Tuesday, July 7, 2020 11:39 AM
  • yes I did exactly the same as you mentioned but the page is still empty. I might be wrong completely but i think it could be the problem of "connection".

When I click on the small arrow on the right corner in the web part then it opens a drop down list with one of the option as "connection", which is I think is used to link the project to the project center....if it is the case then I dont understand why its disabled/grey.

Am I thinking the right direction? If yes then please guide me how can I make connection with the project list in the project center using this option "connection".

Thanks!

Tuesday, July 7, 2020 12:26 PM
  • Hello Paul, 

Yes finally it worked the way you explained. I was not able to see the changes in effect  because I was not going back to project center and opening the project from there. Rather, I was waiting on the same page to refresh and show me the change.

But all well that ends well. Thanks again for your guidance.

Prateek

Tuesday, July 7, 2020 2:30 PM
  • Good to hear it is resolved.

Tuesday, July 7, 2020 2:57 PM