none
Backing up Office 365 Sharepoint files like excel, photos , pdf and other files using StorSimple RRS feed

• Question

• Need to know is there any documentation on backing up Office 365 Share points files ?

Appreciate any assistance .

Regards

Peter

Monday, March 11, 2019 3:36 PM

All replies

• @Kwisksys1,

Thanks for posting here!

Could you elaborate with more information on this to help better on this?

Tuesday, March 12, 2019 2:55 AM
  • @ kwiksys1 No, StorSimple doesn’t look at type of data. It reads data as is and captures snap of that as a backup. It doesn’t look at whether its office, blob or page files before doing so. 

Kindly let us know if the above helps or you need further assistance on this issue.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Do click on "Mark as Answer" on the post that helps you, this can be beneficial to other community members.

Tuesday, March 12, 2019 4:52 AM
  • @kwiksys1  Just checking in to see if the above answer helped. If this answers your query, do click “Mark as Answer” and Up-Vote for the same, which might be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. And, if you have any further query do let us know.
    Monday, March 25, 2019 8:55 AM
  • Hi Sorry for the late reply.

I need to find out how can I backup sharepoint online to Azure StorSimple .

Regards

Monday, April 8, 2019 12:56 PM
  • Hi,

I need to backup especially the Sharpoints online  to Azure StorSimple ?

I cannot find any documentation on how to so that.

Regards

Monday, April 8, 2019 12:58 PM
  • @Kwiksys1, Thanks for getting back!

StorSimple Adapter for SharePoint is a tool that transparently extends Microsoft Azure StorSimple storage and data protection to SharePoint Server farms, while making StorSimple storage viewable and manageable from the SharePoint Central Administration portal.

Microsoft Azure StorSimple includes the StorSimple Adapter for SharePoint, an optional component that transparently extends StorSimple storage and data protection features to SharePoint server farms. The adapter works with a Remote Blob Storage (RBS) provider and the SQL Server RBS feature, allowing you to move BLOBs to a server backed up by the Microsoft Azure StorSimple system. Microsoft Azure StorSimple then stores the BLOB data locally or in the cloud, based on usage.

The StorSimple Adapter for SharePoint is managed from within the SharePoint Central Administration portal. Consequently, SharePoint management remains centralized, and all storage appears to be in the SharePoint farm.

I would recommend you to refer the following article on Storsimple Adapter for Sharepoint. See if that helps you! You can also create a STORSIMPLE support ticket by following How to create an Azure support request. Kindly, let us know if you need any further assistance on this.

Tuesday, April 9, 2019 4:52 AM