none
Multiple downtimes with Redis this month RRS feed

• Question

• Hi there,

I'm using Azure Cache for Redis Basic C0 (North EU) for a while now (more than 2 years) yet during the past month (June 2019) I had a lot of multiple downtimes, for a cumulative total of about 45 minutes. Every downtime lasted between 14 and 16 minutes. On my back end's log I have a "ConnectionResetError: [Errno 104] Connection reset by peer" error.

This never occurred before.

What can I do to improve this situation? I'm the only one with this problem?

Thanks.

Friday, July 5, 2019 5:21 PM

All replies

• Azure cache for Redis in Basic tier is ideal for development/testing. It is not backed by a guaranteed uptime SLA.

For production workloads, I would recommend you move to Standard tier for 99.9% uptime.

You can check the status of any known outages here. I didn't find any in June.

Let us wait to hear from the community if any one else faced the issue.

Tuesday, July 9, 2019 4:08 AM
  • Thanks for your reply.

I see there are no reports of downtime, yet in my Azure Monitor I have missing data points on all metrics for every minutes I noticed my errors and downtimes.

Tuesday, July 9, 2019 8:01 AM
  • Hello Nicholas,

We haven't heard anyone else report the same issue.

As communicated earlier, the basic tier you are using is not backed by an SLA guarantee. If you have higher up time requirements, please upgrade to standard tier.

Friday, July 19, 2019 11:15 AM