none
JAR and Docker files signing RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I'm looking for "Signing JAR and Docker file using certificates or keys stored in azure key vault". If anyone have any idea or documents on this, please let me know.

Thanks!

Thursday, October 17, 2019 6:47 PM

All replies

• Can we sign "JAR" and "Docker" files using azure key vault.

Please let me know if anyone knows "How to sign JAR and Docker files using certificates or keys stored in azure key vault"
    Friday, October 18, 2019 6:20 AM
  • Prabhakar MPatil, I am trying to test the same. I have a ready script available to encrypt and decrypt a text file but not sure if thats going to help for  a .jar and a dickerfile or not. Still I am trying modify the script and check if that works or not.

Do allow us some time so that I can get back to you. In case you would like to check the text file encryption and decryption script do let me know, so that I can share the same with you.

Tuesday, October 22, 2019 12:39 PM
  • Prabhakar MPatil, I tried out with the script that I had, but that doesn't help in Encrypting or Decrypting files that are larger than 475 bytes while using RSA. Though with EC i dont have a limitation that I could find, but using the EC keys also I wasnt able to encrypt the .jar files.

Mostly while using the Azure Key Vault Encryption and Decryption APIs, they are mostly meant to encrypt and decrypt secrets which are mostly small texts.

Secondly, a certificate can always be used for encryption and decryption, but encryption and decryption process has to happen on the local machine rather than the Key Vault and you can store the certificate used for Encryption and Decryption in the Azure Key Vault.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Please take a moment to "Mark as Answer" and/or "Vote as Helpful" wherever applicable. Thanks!

Tuesday, October 29, 2019 6:23 AM
  • Just checking to see if you were able to get your question resolved. If so, please remember to mark as answer so that others in the community with similar questions can more easily find a resolution.

Please take a moment to "Mark as Answer" and/or "Vote as Helpful" wherever applicable. Thanks!

Monday, November 4, 2019 4:37 AM