Touch/Stylus feedback appearing even when defeated on 8.1 in a xaml + DirectX BackgroundPanel application RRS feed

• Question

• Background Input thread ignores settings to mute touch/stylus feedback

We are working on a windows store app to hopefully be released alongside 8.1 shipping.  

The following code is in our void App::OnLaunched method and works just fine if we don't use the background input thread to drive touch..

PointerVisualizationSettings^ visualizationSettings = PointerVisualizationSettings::GetForCurrentView();
    visualizationSettings->IsContactFeedbackEnabled = false;

visualizationSettings->IsBarrelButtonFeedbackEnabled = false;

However, when we do use the background input thread in our DirectX with XAML app, the feedback appears (trails tracking touches).
    We have videos to demostrate this but can't post them here.
    Monday, August 5, 2013 5:19 PM

All replies

• Can you a provide a minimal sample which demonstrates what you are talking about along with a clear description of the desired behavior contrasted with the actual behavior?

Thanks,
       Rob

Tuesday, August 6, 2013 5:12 AM
  • So you can doctor one of your samples, "XAML SwapChainPanel DirectX interop sample (8.1)" to exhibit this bug..

Just add these lines of code to MainPage.XAML.cs...

publicMainPage()

{

this.InitializeComponent();

Windows.UI.Input.

PointerVisualizationSettingsvisualizationSettings = Windows.UI.Input.PointerVisualizationSettings.GetForCurrentView();

visualizationSettings.IsContactFeedbackEnabled =

false;

visualizationSettings.IsBarrelButtonFeedbackEnabled =

false;

Then, just run the app, choose 2) independent input thread + largest brush + black, then scribble really fast using touch on a large monitor (1080p), and you should see the touch trails ghosting behind your finger.

Tuesday, August 6, 2013 1:46 PM
  • Did you have Pointer Visualizations turned on at the system level?

I did not see visualizations with your code when I turned it off at the system level, but I did when I had them enabled at the system level. I'm not sure offhand how the two settings are supposed to interact.

--Rob

Thursday, August 8, 2013 1:47 AM