none
Exporting Project Standard 2019 RRS feed

• Question

• Just purchased Project Standard 2019 and tried to send a schedule to a commercial printer.  I'm trying to print a blueprint sized sheet (24" x 36")  The printer said my file arrived as an 8 1/2 x 11.  They had to enlarge it, which ruined it.  They said that I should send it to them at the size that I want it to print.  I only have a normal printer connected to my computer, so I believe that I don't have the ability to send it 24" x 36".  

Can anyone help me get past this?  Thanks Much!!

Friday, October 25, 2019 7:31 PM

Answers

All replies

• Building Confidence,

I don't print Project documents so I can't verify the validity of this approach but try this. Go to File > Print and select the Microsoft XPS Document Writer as the Printer type. Hit "printer properties" and then the "Advanced" button. You can select various paper sizes. Selecting "D size" will give you 22"x34" which should get you close enough. When you save the file, those printer parameters will be saved with the file.

Hope this helps.

John

Friday, October 25, 2019 7:56 PM
  • Even better, just print it to PDF and select the correct page size in there.  Your commercial printer is more likely to work with pdfs than xps documents.

Ben Howard [MVP] | web | blog | book | downloads | P2O

Saturday, October 26, 2019 8:38 PM
  • If you don't have Adobe Acrobat, you can download free apps which allow you to create large format PDFs.  PDFCreator and CutePDF are good options.
    Thursday, November 7, 2019 4:18 PM