none
Azure Application Insights error in retrieval of data in custom queries and charts RRS feed

• Question

• I have an application insights application which receives telemetry from a node js application. I am within the trial period. its been around 15 days my data with charts was visible suddenly the data is not visible and the queries do not show any data. It says error in retrieving data. Telemetry is getting sent to appinsights as i can see the track requests sent to app insights. 
    Friday, September 13, 2019 12:59 PM

All replies

• Hello, Conrad.  Thank you for using Application Insights!

When telemetry doesn't show up in Application Insights we usually refer you to our troubleshooting guide to make sure that there aren't any configurations or common scenarios that would cause you to not see data.  In your scenario, only two things stand out:

I used to see data, but it has stopped

• Check the status blog.
    • Have you hit your monthly quota of data points? Open the Settings/Quota and Pricing to find out. If so, you can upgrade your plan, or pay for additional capacity. See the pricing scheme.

If you're still running into issues after troubleshooting, we will need to do some additional investigation to figure exactly what is going on here.  Please email the following to AzCommunity@microsoft.com and we'll get back to you promptly:

• Your Subscription ID (this can be found by searching for "Subscriptions" in the portal)
    • A link to this thread so we can validate and expedite the request
    • A brief, 2-3 sentence summary of your issue
    • The person you were working with (kobulloc)

That would look something like this:

I was working with kobulloc on an Application Insights issue where I encountered data that was missing after 15 days of getting data normally.

Forum Link:

https://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/c82bad41-fd20-467b-bc06-6f75c923377c/azure-application-insights-error-in-retrieval-of-data-in-custom-queries-and-charts?forum=ApplicationInsights

Subscription ID:

aaaaaa-bbbb-cccc-1111-222222222222

Tuesday, September 17, 2019 1:32 AM