CoreClean Causing Build To Fail RRS feed

• Question

• Using TFS 2015 to build a solution with several projects.  From the logs I see it going through building the projects and creating the DLLs, but at one point is does this CoreClean that deletes these needed DLLs and the build fails saying the DLL could not be found.  Solution builds with no errors through Visual Studio.  Unchecking the box for Clean on the Build section does nothing as well as in Repository setting Clean to false.  I have several other builds that are similar that build fine and I'm guessing it's something with the solution but comparing it to other solutions I can't see where this CoreClean is coming from to delete these files below.  Any help will be greatly appreciated and any other information I can provide.

Project "D:\projectpath\SomeProject.csproj" (8:2) is building "D:\projectpath\SomeProject2.csproj" (11:4) on node 10 (Clean target(s)).

CoreClean:
    Deleting file "D:\path\path\path\bin\Release\SomeDll.dll

Error CS0006: Metadata file 'D:\path\path\path\bin\Release\SomeDll.dll' could not be found

Wednesday, November 29, 2017 8:00 PM

All replies

• Hi Hal,

How's your build definition like?

How's your project structure?

Could you share the entire log?

If you run your project with MSBuild command line locally on your build agent machine, what result will you get?

We'd like to suggest you not share code by linking code files between projects, instead, we suggest use package manager such as Nuget to restore the dlls, or make a project reference.

Best regards,

MSDN Community Support Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com

Friday, December 1, 2017 8:57 AM