none
Connect to BW RRS feed

• Question

• Hi.  I keep getting an error saying that the RFC library is not installed on my computer, even though I'm able to connect Power BI to SAP BW.  What do I need to do to be able to connect the Data Catalog client tool to BW?  Can someone shed some light, please?
    Wednesday, July 17, 2019 11:47 PM

Answers

• We found out what the issue was.  Because we had the Power BI connector packaged as App-v, the DLL files weren't being copied to C:\Windows\System32.  To make this work, we extracted all the libraries and copied them manually to that Windows folder.

Monday, July 22, 2019 5:04 AM

All replies

• Hi Ricardo_Inacio,

We are trying to reach out to some internal team and get some help on this. We will update the thread once we hear back from them

Thank you.

[If a post helps to resolve your issue, please click the "Mark as Answer" of that post and/or click Answered "Vote as helpful" button of that post. By marking a post as Answered and/or Helpful, you help others find the answer faster. ]

Saturday, July 20, 2019 12:47 AM
  • We found out what the issue was.  Because we had the Power BI connector packaged as App-v, the DLL files weren't being copied to C:\Windows\System32.  To make this work, we extracted all the libraries and copied them manually to that Windows folder.

Monday, July 22, 2019 5:04 AM
  • Hi Ricardo_Inacio,

Thanks much for sharing the resolution details. It might be beneficial to other community members reading this thread.

Thank you.

[If a post helps to resolve your issue, please click the "Mark as Answer" of that post and/or click Answered "Vote as helpful" button of that post. By marking a post as Answered and/or Helpful, you help others find the answer faster. ]

Monday, July 22, 2019 5:18 PM