none
Azure Stack Install Failure at 60.60.82 RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I have been trying to install AzureStack for several weeks now. Each time it seems to fail on the same section and I'm not sure if I'm missing something. I've have ensured I followed the installation steps correctly, all of my server specs meet the requirements.

The error I receive is when "Deploy Azure Stack Fabric Ring Services" with the following error:

Invoke-EceAction : Type 'Deployment' of Role 'ACSFabric' raised an exception:
    System.Management.Automation.CommandNotFoundException: Argument 'New-ServiceFabricCluster' is not recognized as a
    cmdlet: Unable to load DLL 'FabricCommon.dll': The specified module could not be found. (Exception from HRESULT:
    0x8007007E) ---> System.DllNotFoundException: Unable to load DLL 'FabricCommon.dll': The specified module could not be
    found. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x8007007E)
       at System.Fabric.Interop.NativeCommon.FabricGetConfigStore(Guid& riid, IFabricConfigStoreUpdateHandler
    updateHandler)
       at System.Fabric.Common.NativeConfigStore.CreateHelper(IFabricConfigStoreUpdateHandler updateHandler)
       at System.Fabric.Interop.Utility.WrapNativeSyncInvoke[TResult](Func`1 func, String functionTag, String functionArgs)
       at System.Fabric.Interop.Utility.RunInMTA[TResult](Func`1 func)
       at Microsoft.ServiceFabric.Powershell.CommonCmdletBase.Ensure_IgnoreUpdateFailures()
       at Microsoft.ServiceFabric.Powershell.CommonCmdletBase..ctor()
       at lambda_method(Closure )
       at System.Management.Automation.CommandProcessor.Init(CmdletInfo cmdletInformation)
       --- End of inner exception stack trace ---
       at System.Management.Automation.ExceptionHandlingOps.CheckActionPreference(FunctionContext funcContext, Exception
    exception)
       at System.Management.Automation.Interpreter.ActionCallInstruction`2.Run(InterpretedFrame frame)
       at System.Management.Automation.Interpreter.EnterTryCatchFinallyInstruction.Run(InterpretedFrame frame)
       at System.Management.Automation.Interpreter.EnterTryCatchFinallyInstruction.Run(InterpretedFrame frame)
    at Install-ServiceFabricCluster, D:\Microsoft.AzureStack.Solution.Deploy.Fabric.1.1907.0.20\content\AzureStackInstaller
    \Utils\WinFabricCluster\WinFabCluster.ps1: line 251
    at <ScriptBlock>, <No file>: line 15
    At C:\CloudDeployment\Setup\Common\DeploySingleNodeCommon.ps1:761 char:5
    +     Invoke-EceAction -RolePath $masterRole -ActionType $ActionPlan @d ...
    +     ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
        + CategoryInfo          : NotSpecified: (:) [Invoke-EceAction], InterfaceInvocationFailedException
        + FullyQualifiedErrorId : Microsoft.PowerShell.Commands.WriteErrorException,Install-ServiceFabricCluster,CloudEngi
       ne.Cmdlets.InvokeCmdlet

It keeps complaining a specific DLL "FabricCommon.dll" is missing. How can I fix this issue to complete the deployment? I did once successfully deploy AzureStack on this host but due to using too few disks, I ran out of diskspace extremely fast when downloading several server images. I am now currently using 8 x 500GB SSHD disks (all passes the server tests fine).

Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks

Tuesday, September 3, 2019 8:19 AM

All replies

• the FabricCommon.dll should be included on the Azure Stack image. 

Have you tried restarting the deployment (via the installer or the -rerun parameter) after one of these failures to see if you get the same error?

I have a feeling this is a symptom of a storage or file share issue. 

Are you deploying the most recent ASDK (1908)?
    Friday, September 6, 2019 2:12 AM
  • the FabricCommon.dll should be included on the Azure Stack image. 

Have you tried restarting the deployment (via the installer or the -rerun parameter) after one of these failures to see if you get the same error?

I have a feeling this is a symptom of a storage or file share issue. 

Are you deploying the most recent ASDK (1908)?

Hi Travis, 

I have tried multiple -rerun on the installer and it fails at the same level. All of the VMs are up and running and I can access the share that the FabricCommon.dll should be in.

It is the latest version of ASDK as downloaded about 2 - 3 weeks ago from the main ASDK page. Is there something I can check or provide for further analysis. I'd really like to get this up and running but being prevented at the moment.

Thanks

Friday, September 6, 2019 12:38 PM
  • A new version of the ASDK (1908) was released last week. You can try to deploy the new version, or if you give me the share location so I can try to pull it from my existing 1907 deployment and send it to you. 
    Friday, September 6, 2019 8:26 PM
  • A new version of the ASDK (1908) was released last week. You can try to deploy the new version, or if you give me the share location so I can try to pull it from my existing 1907 deployment and send it to you. 

Hi Travis,

I'll try deploying the new version of the ASDK and see if this resolves my issue. If not the share it says it cannot find the files for is:

Install-ServiceFabricCluster, D:\Microsoft.AzureStack.Solution.Deploy.Fabric.1.1907.0.20\content\AzureStackInstaller
    \Utils\WinFabricCluster\WinFabCluster.ps1: line 251
    at <ScriptBlock>, <No file>: line 15

Thanks

Tuesday, September 10, 2019 7:38 AM
  • Hi 

I have downloaded the latest version, reconfigured everything back to scratch. Ran the deployment checker which passed everything. Ran the deployment checker once booted to the new cloud VHD and passed everything.

Ran the installer and it seems to fail at two different stages. First stage is fails saying when creating the hyper-v servers, they take above 40minutes for deployment. Leaving it overnight and rerunning the installer it passes those steps until step 60.61.83 where it again says unable to load FabricCommon.DLL

Not sure what else to do  now

Tuesday, September 17, 2019 9:09 AM
  • Unfortunately due to some hardware issues I cannot grab the FabricCommon.DLL off of a test machine, hopefully this will be resolved soon. 

I would like to look at the logs to see why exactly your deployment is failing. Can you gather your deployment logs from the .VHDX and send them to me?

To gather the deployment logs, use the script below:

Get-AzureStackLog -OutputPath "C:\AzureStackLogs"

This will gather your deployment logs to C:\AzureStackLogs.

can you Email me at AzCommunity@Microsoft.com with a link to this post, and we can work out the best way for you to get me the log file. Depending upon how big the log file is, it might not be possible to Email. 

Friday, September 20, 2019 10:18 PM