none
How to convert ASM powershell automation scripts to ARM scripts RRS feed

• Question

• Hi Team,

We have some powershell scripts that were written to automate services in Azure, however, those are ASM resources. 

Need some assistance in upgrading/migrating those ASM scripts/templates to the ARM. 

Is there any reference material or tool that can do this job? 

I found lot of articles on how to migrate ASM to ARM, but those are to migrate VM, vNET, storage accounts etc, but I need to upgrade the powershell scripts that were written for ASM to ARM and still do the same job.

Saturday, September 14, 2019 5:54 AM

Answers

All replies

• Hi

I don't think there is any tool offerings available to support this Power shell scripts migration as it involves analyzing the functionality involved in the script and used ASM api's and as the ARM api's are different and used different Powershell modules to accomplish similar operations.

Below links helps to understand the supported migration:

https://devblogs.microsoft.com/premier-developer/from-asm-to-arm-real-world-migration/

This seems to a manual work.

Hope this is helpful!!

Thank you

If this post helps to resolve your issue, please click the "Mark as Answer" of that post and/or click Answered "Vote as helpful" button of that post. By marking a post as Answered and/or Helpful, you help others find the answer faster.

Saturday, September 14, 2019 3:53 PM
  • Hi

Just checking in to see if my initial answer helped or you still facing any issues.

If my initial reply answers your query, do click “Mark as Answer” and Up-Vote for the same which might be beneficial to other community members reading this thread .

And, if you have any further query do let us know.

Thank you

If this post helps to resolve your issue, please click the "Mark as Answer" of that post and/or click Answered "Vote as helpful" button of that post. By marking a post as Answered and/or Helpful, you help others find the answer faster.

Wednesday, September 18, 2019 3:06 AM
  • Naveen's answer is correct. The details provided there can get you started but there is not a direct migration path without user intervention 
    Friday, September 20, 2019 11:40 PM