none
In environment mirroring configure some window activity is done last night , my mirror database show principl / Disconnect RRS feed

• Question

• hi

In environment  mirroring configure some window activity is done last night , my mirror database show principle / Disconnect.

I tried to partner resume, No luck to work, Is any another possibility to without mirror Reconfigure .Because my database is too Long size.

ajitkumar

Friday, January 10, 2020 4:48 AM

All replies

• Hi ajitkumar,

I know you have tried to recycle the endpoint on the database mirror.

But Sometimes just restart endpoint  on PRIMARY didn't help , you also need to  restart endpoint  on MIRROR.

To get the name of the endpoint.
    SELECT * FROM sys.endpoints WHERE type = 4

On PRIMARY:

ALTER ENDPOINT <Endpoint Name> STATE=STOPPED
    ALTER ENDPOINT <Endpoint Name> STATE=STARTED

On MIRROR:

ALTER ENDPOINT <Endpoint Name> STATE=STOPPED
    ALTER ENDPOINT <Endpoint Name> STATE=STARTED

Back on PRIMARY:

ALTER DATABASE  <Database Name>   SET PARTNER RESUME

If it doesn't work, unfortunately you might need to reconfigure the mirror.

you can refer to :

https://dba.stackexchange.com/questions/10077/reconnect-mirroring-server-sql-server-2008-r2

Hope this could help you.

Best regards,

Cris

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Friday, January 10, 2020 9:41 AM
  • Hi ajitkumar,

If you have resolved your issue, please mark the useful reply as answer. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.

In addition, if you have another questions, please feel free to ask.

Thanks for your contribution.

Best regards,
    Cris

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Monday, January 13, 2020 1:10 AM
  • hi Cris,

Thanks  for the reply me

ajitkumar

Monday, January 13, 2020 7:27 AM
  • Hi ajitkumar,

if the reply is helpful, please mark it as answer.

and if you haven't resolved your issue, please feel free to ask.

Thanks for your contribution.

Best regards,

Cris

MSDN Community Support

Monday, January 13, 2020 9:31 AM