none
MABS - Synchronization frequency in Short-Term Goals is not showing up for a user database RRS feed

• Question

• I am trying to create a user database policy that does incremental 15 min log backup, however when I get to "Specify Short-Term Goals" in the "Create New Protection Group" wizard, the "Synchronization frequency" option is missing, it should show up right below "Retention range" in the pic below.  What is preventing it from showing up?  I am following the steps in article Back up SQL Server to Qzure as a DPM workload.

I have MABS version 13.0.415.0.

The database resides on SQL Server 2017 (RTM-GDR) - 14.0.2002.14

The user database is in full recovery mode, and I already did a manual database + log backup.

This is what I am expecting to see, but cannot figure out why it is not showing up for this database:

• Edited by Greg Y Friday, June 7, 2019 3:12 PM added additional data
    Wednesday, June 5, 2019 5:26 PM

All replies

• Thanks for reaching out Grey. We are checking with the internal team regarding the issue. We will update you soon.
    Tuesday, June 11, 2019 6:06 AM
  • SQL Server databases that are log-shipped, in read-only mode, or that use the simple recovery model do not support incremental backup. Recovery points are created for each express full backup only. For all other SQL Server databases, synchronization transfers a transaction log backup, and recovery points are created for each incremental synchronization and express full backup. The transaction log is a serial record of all the transactions that have been performed against the database since the transaction log was last backed up.

For more information, please refer this article.

Thursday, June 13, 2019 10:26 AM