none
WebJob not firing RRS feed

• Question

• Hi, 

I have a Azure WebApp/WebJob that is not firing as per the expected schedule.   The app is .net (C#) 4.7.2 which has a Settings.Job files like this: 

It's running now because I manually kicked it off, however it should be running on the hour, every hour and there's no log (I can see) which gives the reason it has not run. 

Thanks 

Friday, September 13, 2019 2:28 PM

All replies

• Do check if AlwaysOn is turned on for your webapp.

Suwatch

Friday, September 13, 2019 6:59 PM
  • Do check if AlwaysOn is turned on for your webapp.

Hello, 

Yes "AlwaysON" is enabled.   I re-deployed again but this time with the Settings.job set to "Copy always" instead of "Copy if newer" and it now runs on schedule.   Can't see how this has fixed it though. 

Saturday, September 14, 2019 6:57 PM
  • We're happy to hear the web job is scheduling as expected.

Unfortunately, unless you had any custom logging built into your app, we might not be able to see why it was not running. If you encounter issues in the future, I would suggest implement some try{} catch{} blocks throughout your code to see if you can understand what is going wrong. Feel free to reach back out as well with your findings and we can take another look if issues arise again in the future.

Monday, September 16, 2019 6:31 AM
  • Hi, 

Problem is though that the app did not even start, so try catch blocks would not help - it did not even start. 

Monday, September 16, 2019 2:52 PM