none
ClickOnce Installation Error RRS feed

• Question

• I am trying to build an Outlook Add-In (OutlookTag) using C# in VS 2013 with the Add-<g class="gr_ gr_23 gr-alert gr_spell gr_inline_cards gr_run_anim ContextualSpelling ins-del multiReplace" data-gr-id="23" id="23">InExpress</g> tool from which I want to call a Windows Forms application (SetTags.exe). I have created a new Add-In Express class library project within the same solution and can create and build the Add-In, which contains a reference to the SetTags project. I can also publish the project, but when I try to install it by clicking OutlookTag<g class="gr_ gr_27 gr-alert gr_gramm gr_inline_cards gr_run_anim Style replaceWithoutSep" data-gr-id="27" id="27">.Application</g> in the publish folder I get the error "Reference in the manifest does not match the identity of the downloaded assembly SetTags.exe"

This seems to be a common problem - I have tried the solutions suggested in

https://stackoverflow.com/questions/5337458/error-deploying-clickonce-application-reference-in-the-manifest-does-not-match

I have found the following:

1) If I set the ClickOnce security setting in SetTags project to Full or partial Trust I get the message "ClickOnce does not support the request execution level 'requireAdministrator'"
     2) I cannot set the Manifest setting in Application->Icon and Manifest Settings to "Create Application without a Manifest" because the project is a class library, and the options are greyed out with "Embed manifest with default settings" fixed.
     3) Neither changing the Configuration from Debug to Release for both projects or changing the platform of both projects to 32 bit fixed the problem

Is there anything else I can try?

Monday, June 17, 2019 3:04 AM

All replies

• Hi,

Here is a similar thread maybe you can take a look.

Manifest error.

Regards,

Kyle

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Monday, June 17, 2019 9:59 AM
  • Thanks - this thread describes <g class="gr_ gr_107 gr-alert gr_gramm gr_inline_cards gr_run_anim Grammar only-ins replaceWithoutSep" data-gr-id="107" id="107">resolution</g> of the same error but occurring in an environment with multiple sub-projects. I have only one sub-project,  so the solution of publishing multiple sub-projects to the same folder is not applicable. Have you any other suggestions?
    Tuesday, June 18, 2019 5:17 AM
  • Hi,

About "ClickOnce does not support the request execution level 'requireAdministrator'", here I found the threads you can follow.

“ClickOnce does not support the request execution level 'requireAdministrator.'”;

Error_1_ClickOnce does not support the request execution level 'requireAdministrator'.

Regards,

Kyle

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, June 18, 2019 9:40 AM
  • I tried creating a solution containing only the ClickOnce add-in and found that I was able to publish and install it OK. It seems that the problem may have been caused by other projects in the solution.
    Wednesday, July 3, 2019 7:56 AM
  • Hi,

I am glad you have got your solution. We appreciated you shared us your solution. And we also hope you can mark it as an answer. By marking a post as Answered, you help others find the answer faster.

Regards,

Kyle

MSDN Community Support

Wednesday, July 3, 2019 8:33 AM