none
Download a copy of data before closing subscription RRS feed

• Question

• Hi

I want to cancel my subscription on a virtual machine as I am no longer using the account/data.

How do I download files/the data and store locally in case I want to resume in the future?

Thankyou

Michael

Monday, September 16, 2019 1:30 AM

All replies

• Hello Michael,

If your VM has unmanaged disk, then you can download the VHD from the storage account, please refer this document.

If your VM has a managed disk (any number of disks attached), you can create a snapshots and export them as vhd to local. Go to snapshots and on Overview blade -> click on export. After few seconds click on the generated URL to download the VHD.

If you have any other resources in your subscription, you have to manually download the data.

In future, if you want to resume back, upload the VHD and create VM to get started.

For cancelling your subscription, please check this document.

If suggested response have solved your issue, do click “Mark as Answer” and "Up-Vote" so that other forum members can benefit from it. If you need any further help do let us know.

Thanks.

Monday, September 16, 2019 9:06 AM
  • Any update on this issue?

If the above helped please remember to "Up-vote" and "Mark as Answer" so others in the community can benefit

Friday, September 20, 2019 11:39 PM
  • Hello Michael,

Any update on this issue?

If the suggested answer helped you solve your issue, please remember to "Mark as Answer" and "Up-Vote"so others in the community can benefit from it.

Thanks.
    Tuesday, September 24, 2019 5:51 AM