Way to delete idle blobs RRS feed

• Question

• Hello !
    I am working on finding an efficient way to delete the blobs which are not accessed/unused over x number of days. Is there any efficient way to do this?

My use case is that for caching some files. Most of the times once stored we dont use those blobs unless there is a change. I would want to delete those files which happening downloaded/pulled for x number of days. 

Thanks!

• Edited by rvishwna Thursday, May 14, 2020 10:22 AM
    Thursday, May 14, 2020 10:13 AM

All replies

• Thursday, May 14, 2020 11:43 AM
  • I donot want to retain the blobs i deleted. Soft delete just protect my blob data.
    My objective is to remove any unused blobs not by modification timestamp but by when was it last accessed(it can be downloaded/pulled )

Thursday, May 14, 2020 6:02 PM
  • Hi,

I guess, you are looking for last accessed date, it is currently not available. Please raise your request in the below thread.

https://feedback.azure.com/forums/217298-storage/suggestions/14100372-support-last-accessed-timestamp-in-blob-metadata

Also try with storage log analytics

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/storage/common/storage-analytics-logging?tabs=dotnet

-Malleswar My Channel - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCkuE012zWq355GZUAew2THg/

Thursday, May 14, 2020 8:21 PM
  • For better understanding: Are you looking for last Modified data or unable to delete un-used data in Blob?

You can also use resource explorer to delete the data

The Resource Explorer is a great tool for looking at resources that you've already created to understand how the resources are structured and what properties they have.

Is there any update on the issue?

If the suggested answer helped for your issue, do click on "Mark as Answer" and “Vote as Helpful” on the post that helps you, this can be beneficial to other community members.

Wednesday, May 20, 2020 5:40 PM
  • Is there any update on the issue?

If the suggested answer helped for your issue, do click on "Mark as Answer" and “Vote as Helpful” on the post that helps you, this can be beneficial to other community members.

Wednesday, May 27, 2020 8:07 AM
  •  Just checking in to see if the above answer helped. If this answers your query, do click “Mark as Answer” and Up-Vote for the same, which might be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. And, if you have any further query do let us know.
    Thursday, June 4, 2020 3:59 PM
  •  Just checking in to see if the above answer helped. If this answers your query, do click “Mark as Answer” and Up-Vote for the same, which might be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. And, if you have any further query do let us know.
    Thursday, June 4, 2020 4:00 PM
    Thursday, June 4, 2020 4:11 PM