none
Undesired language as output from DAX formula: Want months and weekdays in English, not Norwegian RRS feed

• Question

• I use formula like this in order to create a date table: "Month Name", FORMAT ( [Date], "mmmm" ), but the month names end up in Norwegian, not English!

I have language and region in Windows set to English.

I have language and region for my Visual Studio Profile set to English (US)

The Analysis Services server language properties is English (US)

My Microsoft and Azure user is set to English.

As far as I can see, all the language settings that Visual Studio and the tabular model can know of is set to English.

So why does my formula output Norwegian? I hope Microsoft could provide a bit more transparency in where these settings are drawn from, and how I can fix it.

Yes, I can create language tables translating from Norwegian to English, but it should have been unnecessary with such workarounds

Wednesday, August 14, 2019 10:00 PM

All replies

• Hi MortenEspelid,

We have reached out to the internal team to get more info about this issue. Will keep posted once we have an update. Apologizes for the inconvenience.

Thank you

If a post helps to resolve your issue, please click the "Mark as Answer" of that post and/or click Answered"Vote as helpful" button of that post. By marking a post as Answered and/or Helpful, you help others find the answer faster.

Friday, August 16, 2019 5:59 PM
  • It should be using the Collation of the database/model. Could you please check it.

Thank you

If a post helps to resolve your issue, please click the "Mark as Answer" of that post and/or click Answered "Vote as helpful" button of that post. By marking a post as Answered and/or Helpful, you help others find the answer faster.

Monday, August 19, 2019 6:20 PM
  • Hi MortenEspelid,

Just checking to see if you have got chance to look at my previous comment? 

Thank you

If a post helps to resolve your issue, please click the "Mark as Answer" of that post and/or click Answered "Vote as helpful" button of that post. By marking a post as Answered and/or Helpful, you help others find the answer faster.

Tuesday, August 20, 2019 5:45 PM
  • Hi there,

Following up to see if your issue was resolved. If you still need assistance, do let us know.

Thank you

Wednesday, August 21, 2019 6:11 PM