none
access storage account error RRS feed

• Question

• Hi Guys,

Since today when we try to connect to our storage account/Blob conatiner from Storage explorer get the error:

we use the key to connect to the storage account.

users that have already connection to this storage account from storage explorer have no problem accessing the storage. only when new users try to create a new connection get this error.

Any idea what this error means?

Shahin

Friday, November 8, 2019 3:36 PM

Answers

• Hi Sumanth,

Sorry for the delay, We have create a new storage account and move the data to this new storage account. I have no idea what went wrong with first Storage account, but for now we can access the second one.

Thanks for your helpd on this issue.

Shahin

Tuesday, December 10, 2019 8:21 AM

All replies

• @Shahin May I know which version of Azure Storage Explorer are you using? 

Please delete data from "%appData/StorageExplorer" folder or entire folder from your machine. After deleting, when you launch storage explorer you will be asked to reenter your credentials. That should fix this issue.

If possible can you try to un-install and reinstall the latest version and check for the status of the issue.

You may also refer to the suggestion mentioned in this Tech Net article: 

Hope this helps! 

Kindly let us know if the above helps or you need further assistance on this issue.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Do click on "Mark as Answer" and Upvote on the post that helps you, this can be beneficial to other community members.
    Friday, November 8, 2019 4:47 PM
  • Hi,

We already have the ast version of expolrer 1.13 and already removed the Azure Explorer folder from my profile but still the same results.

Shahin

Friday, November 8, 2019 8:06 PM
  • @Shahin Does the account have hierarchical namespaces enabled (ADLS Gen 2)?

Can you provide a few more screenshots of the process? I’d like to see the Connect dialog and the fields you are filling out.

Monday, November 11, 2019 5:19 PM
  • This is how we try to access our storage group.

It looks like that this issue for the new connections started from the time that we change the Blob Tier!

Shahin

Tuesday, November 12, 2019 3:46 PM
  • @Shahin In order to proceed, I need answer the following questions:

• What was the blob tier changed to?
    • Is HNS enabled on this account?
    • Exactly when does the error occur? Does it happen as soon as the connection is created? Does it happen when the customer tries to expand the node?
    • Are you able see the Blob Endpoint property for the account?
    • Are you able to view HNS Enabled property for the account?
    • Can you see the DNS Endpoint property for the account (if HNS is enabled)?
    Thursday, November 14, 2019 4:32 AM
  • @Shahin Just checking in if you have had a chance to see the previous response. We need the previously asked information to understand/investigate this issue further.
    Friday, November 15, 2019 5:04 PM
  • @Shahin Just checking in if you have had a chance to see the previous response. We need the previously asked information to understand/investigate this issue further.
    Thursday, November 21, 2019 8:41 AM
  • sorry for the delay,

-What was the blob tier changed to?

I am not sure if Blob Tier can be changed, we have a container and a Directory in the Container and the Tier  there was changed, the strange thing is it take more then 5 hours and we did not get any option to if we want to change the Tier from cold to warm!!

-What you mean by HNS?

-Exactly when does the error occur? Does it happen as soon as the connection is created?

Yes, the connection is setup without any problem, but when we click to browse the blob container we get the error.

Thanks

Shahin

Thursday, November 21, 2019 8:53 AM
  • Thanks, Shahin. To summarize our findings so far:

• What was the blob tier changed to?

Cold à Warm (Are we talking about the container’s default access tie?)

• Is HNS enabled on this account?
    • Exactly when does the error occur? Does it happen as soon as the connection is created? Does it happen when the customer tries to expand the node?

The error occurs when the blob container is clicked to open. (Just to be clear, the customer can expand the subscription, account, and Blob Containers nodes just fine, yet?)

• Can you see the Blob Endpoint property for the account?
    • Can you see the HNS Enabled property for the account?hierarchical namespaces  
    • Can you see the DNS Endpoint property for the account (if HNS is enabled)?

I still need answers to the remaining questions before I can investigate any further. Most of the questions can be answered by looking at the Properties tab below the node tree. For example:

Thursday, November 21, 2019 4:58 PM
  • Hi,

What was the blob tier changed to?

Storage itself if cold, the Tier of the directory in the blob continer  has been changed,

Exactly when does the error occur? Does it happen as soon as the connection is created?

Connection made but error occurs when I  try to expand the Blob container.

I am using the last version of the Azure explorer but not able to see what you show me in you screenshot, but I can see that HNS is disabled

Thanks

Shahin

Friday, November 22, 2019 12:05 PM
  • @Shahin Ok, so this is an issue when opening the containers in the account then? Can we confirm that the URL for the container is correct?

While the container is selected in the tree you should see it’s properties in the bottom left. Can you share a screenshot of that with us?

Tuesday, November 26, 2019 12:40 PM
  • Just checking in to see if you have had a chance to see the previous response. Could you share the above required information to understand/investigate this issue further?

Wednesday, December 4, 2019 4:54 AM
  •  Just checking in to see if the above answer helped. If this answers your query, do click “Mark as Answer” and Up-Vote for the same, which might be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. And, if you have any further query do let us know.
    Tuesday, December 10, 2019 8:19 AM
  • Hi Sumanth,

Sorry for the delay, We have create a new storage account and move the data to this new storage account. I have no idea what went wrong with first Storage account, but for now we can access the second one.

Thanks for your helpd on this issue.

Shahin

Tuesday, December 10, 2019 8:21 AM