none
SSIS Package - ADO.net Destination with ODBC connection - Input columns not keeping mapping RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I have an SSIS package that was originally built for SQL Server but I have had to rebuilt this for MySQL as the end destination due to budget constraints. I have multiple data flow tasks that load csv files into MySQL. The file name is a variable the issue I am finding is that whenever I load up the SSIS package the input columns are blank for each of the ado.net destination elements I am using the ODBC add on which enable the data to load into the MySQL DB but it doesn't remain resolved as the columns loose their mapping information.

So every time I save the mappings it works fine but each time I load the package it shows the errors as above and ignore all input columns. 

I would greatly appreciated any advice on this issue as this won't work as an ongoing overnight ETL to load in data.

Thanks,

David

Wednesday, May 27, 2020 11:13 AM

All replies

• Try setting ValidateExternalMetaData to False for the destination.

If my reply solves your issue, please mark it as the answer

Wednesday, May 27, 2020 1:34 PM
  • Hi David,

Please refresh the mapping in the destination if we change the metadata in the source.

Best Regards,

Mona

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com

Thursday, May 28, 2020 7:56 AM
  • Try setting ValidateExternalMetaData to False for the destination.

If my reply solves your issue, please mark it as the answer

That appears to have done the trick. I am going to restart the machine to see if the issue is gone from a fresh reboot. But I have closed VS2019 and it did not have the issue anymore. So certainly looks promising. 
    Thursday, May 28, 2020 2:39 PM
  • Hi,

Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue. 

This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread.

Best Regards,

Mona

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com

Friday, May 29, 2020 9:41 AM