none
View Menu - registered users - sql server 17 RRS feed

• Question

• Can you tell me where I can find 'Registered Servers', per this information on

'https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/sql/relational-databases/lesson-1-connecting-to-the-database-engine?view=sql-server-2017'

If Registered Servers is not displayed, on the View menu, click Registered Servers.

It also refers to File/connect Object Explorer which I am not seeing in my SSMS:

In Management Studio, on the File menu, click Connect Object Explorer

Any thoughts?

Thanks,

Liz

Thursday, September 19, 2019 2:55 PM

All replies

• Hi

You should click on View Option in the top ribbon of SSMS (Short Cut to get Registered Servers is Ctrl+Alt+G).

And, In the same manner when you click File Option in the top ribbon of SSMS you will get Connect Object Explorer Option.

Below screenshot helps to find out the same.

Hope this is helpful !!

Thank you

If this post helps to resolve your issue, please click the "Mark as Answer" of that post and/or click Answered "Vote as helpful" button of that post. By marking a post as Answered and/or Helpful, you help others find the answer faster.

Friday, September 20, 2019 3:33 AM
  • Hi LizBurl,

>> Can you tell me where I can find 'Registered Servers'.

Please follow the steps below:

1. If Registered Servers is not displayed, on the View menu, click Registered Servers.

2. With Database Engine selected on the Registered Servers toolbar, expand Database Engine and Local Server Groups.

3. Select Registed Servers,right-click Object Explorer.

>> In Management Studio, on the File menu, click Connect Object Explorer.

Then you will see Connect to Server dialog box.

For more information,please refer to Register Servers.

Help those could help you.

Best Regards,

Amelia Gu

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Friday, September 20, 2019 6:25 AM
  • Hi

Just checking in to see if my initial answer helped or you still facing any issues.

If my initial reply answers your query, do click “Mark as Answer” and Up-Vote for the same which might be beneficial to other community members reading this thread .

And, if you have any further query do let us know.

Thank you

If this post helps to resolve your issue, please click the "Mark as Answer" of that post and/or click Answered "Vote as helpful" button of that post. By marking a post as Answered and/or Helpful, you help others find the answer faster.

Tuesday, October 22, 2019 3:29 AM