Azure Backup - System state backup fails RRS feed

• Question

• Microsoft Azure Backup is running and seems to be backing up the file system without issue. When we were using the trial subscription the system state backup was also working.

When the trial subscription was upgraded to a pay as you go subscription MAB would not recognise this and kept saying that the subscription had expired. this was resolved by uninstalling everything and starting over.

The problem we have now is that the system state backup will not run and ends with the following error

This is very frustrating and any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Geoff

Wednesday, May 13, 2020 11:03 AM

All replies

• Hello Geoff,

Thanks for reaching out to us. I understand your concern and would like to assist in this matter.

Please confirm the following:

1.Did you follow the troubleshooting guide - https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/backup/backup-azure-system-state-troubleshoot ?

2. Did the backup now option helped with a successful backup?

If none of these suggestions were helpful, Please send mail to AzCommunity [at] microsoft dot com with subject: ATTN: Sadiqh Ahmed include your Azure subscription ID and a link to this MSDN thread (for context).  

Thursday, May 14, 2020 12:51 PM
  • After a couple of server reboots this has just started working?

Its a good job that this is not flaky or unreliable with strange unhelpful and misleading error messages because that would be terrible for something as important as a backup and disaster recovery system.

Thanks for your help. 

I'm sure I will be back.

Geoff

Monday, May 18, 2020 9:02 AM
  • @Geoff Thanks for the update and sorry once again for the hard time you experienced. 
    Monday, May 18, 2020 5:18 PM