Map naked url to Azure CDN with a static website RRS feed

• Question

• I am tying to implement a basic feature of web browsing: navigating to a URL without subdomain(www). Example: "google.com". I want "example.com" to route to "www.example.com". The website is a bundle of static files that I dropped into Blob Storage and am pointing to Azure CDN. I am using GoDaddy DNS to point to Azure CDN using this tutorial: 

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/cdn/cdn-map-content-to-custom-domain

The problem I am facing is that GoDaddy wants an IP to route the naked domain but Azure CDN does not provide one. I tried using cdn.verify to add the custom domain to CDN which worked but I can't get the rules engine to route to www.

Tuesday, November 12, 2019 3:05 PM

All replies

• This is a known limitation of Azure CDN at this time. If you would like us to prioritize this feature, please upvote this feedback

There are some workarounds as discussed in this thread, but I see you have already tried the workaround. 

Wednesday, November 13, 2019 12:04 AM
  • Hi, 

Do you have any update on this issue?

Regards, 

Msrini

Thursday, November 14, 2019 1:25 PM
  • This is a basic feature of web browsing. I feel like this should have been prioritized long ago..
    Friday, November 15, 2019 3:18 PM
  • Hi, 

Just checking in if you have had a chance to see the previous response. If this answers your query, do click “Mark as Answer” and "Up-Vote" for the same which will help the community.

Regards, 
    Subhash
    Tuesday, November 26, 2019 1:22 PM