Azure App Service multi region RRS feed

• Question

• Hello everyone i have a client that is not to sure what he needs. He sent me a diagram and would like to have this in 2 regions. 

I was going to use a traffic manager to do the work. I will need 2 azure db (1 x azure sql and 1 x azure mysql replicating from site 1 to site 2) My question is it looks like in his diagram he will need a API Management if i am understanding correctly. Does that connect to the sql DB. Thats the only part i am not sure.

thanks

Tuesday, January 28, 2020 8:53 PM

All replies

• API Management does not interact directly with Azure SQL DB - it targets APIs on the backend

hth
    Marcin

Tuesday, January 28, 2020 9:01 PM
  • Ok so no problem creating a second one in site b since it has nothing to do with site A it just collects all the api's if i understand correctly

Tuesday, January 28, 2020 9:23 PM
  • also if it targets api's his arrows are incorrect so maybe its not an api manament he needs

Tuesday, January 28, 2020 9:41 PM
  • To tag along with what Marcin said, this doc does a good job explaining on a technical perspective of how to accomplish multi-region API management if it's indeed what your customers would need.
    Tuesday, January 28, 2020 11:59 PM
  • Hello,

Any update on the issue?

If the suggested response helped you resolve your issue, do click on "Mark as Answer" and "Up-Vote" for the answer that helped you for benefit of the community.

Thanks.
    Tuesday, February 4, 2020 6:56 AM