none
Unable to Get Data with "GET" verb from Azure hosted API from Azure Sql Db RRS feed

• Question

• Hi Folks,

• I have created one demo API which will perform Get and Post operation on SQL Server Db.
    • I firstly tried my API to retrieve data from Local Server.
    • Then I updated the web.config with the Azure Sql Db information and there also I was able to retrieve the data successfully from Azure SQL also.
    • Now I have published my Api on Azure and it was published successfully. It is up and running but when I am trying to test the Api with the provided URI on Postman it is throwing error "500 Internal Server Error".

Note:

I have also updated the connection string of my API in App Services->Configuration->Application Settings  with the same connection string through which I was able to Perform Get and Post operation through my Api on Azure SQL database.

Any help and Suggestion will be appreciated.

Thanks,

RG 

RG

Thursday, July 25, 2019 7:44 AM

Answers

• Hi Rishi,

Thanks for your patience. is there a specific documentation you were following to create your API app?

A 500 Internal Server Error status code indicates something went wrong with your server. check your server logs to get more details on the problem. Also, can you please double check to make sure the connection string in your app configuration matches the one on Postman.

Hope that helps. please let us know if you have further questions.

Best,

Grace

Wednesday, July 31, 2019 9:27 AM

All replies

• Hi Rishi,

Thanks for your patience. is there a specific documentation you were following to create your API app?

A 500 Internal Server Error status code indicates something went wrong with your server. check your server logs to get more details on the problem. Also, can you please double check to make sure the connection string in your app configuration matches the one on Postman.

Hope that helps. please let us know if you have further questions.

Best,

Grace

Wednesday, July 31, 2019 9:27 AM
  • Hi rishi,

Any updates on this issue? Did the above response help answer your question?

Grace 

Friday, August 2, 2019 10:42 PM