Issues while creating Excel reports for query on links in TFS 2010 RRS feed

• Question

• Hi

We can create report for work items in microsoft excel using “Create Report in Microsoft Excel” option. But when we use “Create Report in Microsoft Excel” option for team query of type – “Work Items and Direct Links” , after opening microsoft excel it shows following error message -

"TF208072: The PivotTable and PivotChart reports cannot be created because the team query that you specified as a query on links".

Note: I am using VS 2010 SP1, with TFS SP1. Excel 2010.

I have already created custom reports using BI, the report.rdl file is created and i exported report in excel and saved the file.

How can use this to generate report in pivot tables?

My problem is similar to the problem in below link.

https://connect.microsoft.com/VisualStudio/feedback/details/387792/error-message-in-create-report-in-microsoft-excel

Warm Regards,

Prashantgouda

Wednesday, May 30, 2012 2:59 PM

Answers

• Hi Prashntgouda, 

Thanks for your post. 

For TFS 2010, the Excel report not support for Work Items and Direct Link type of query. Under Team Explorer, connect to your Team Project and create a Work Items and Direct Link type of query, then right-click on this query, you will find that the Create Report in Microsoft Excel option is grey.   

John Qiao [MSFT]
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us

Thursday, May 31, 2012 7:25 AM

All replies

• Hi Prashntgouda, 

Thanks for your post. 

For TFS 2010, the Excel report not support for Work Items and Direct Link type of query. Under Team Explorer, connect to your Team Project and create a Work Items and Direct Link type of query, then right-click on this query, you will find that the Create Report in Microsoft Excel option is grey.   

John Qiao [MSFT]
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us

Thursday, May 31, 2012 7:25 AM
  • Hi John,

I am facing this same problem for TFS 2012! can you please let me know what could be the solution for this problem ?

Thanks

Ajaya

Tuesday, June 18, 2013 1:42 PM
  • Create Flat TFS Queries, not the Tree Structure Query or Linked Queries in TFS. Excel report works only for Flat Queries.
    Tuesday, May 20, 2014 12:25 PM
  • Hello John,

Has there been any change to this "limitation" between TFS 2010 and 2017?

Thanks,

Everett

Friday, September 15, 2017 4:34 PM