none
Schema Compare for Azure Sql Datawarehouse databases RRS feed

• Question

• Hi All,

Like for on premise SQL Server database systems we can use SQL schema compare Option in Visual studio and compare schema structures  (like tables, stored proc, other database objects) , i tried to do same thing for Azure SQL Datawarehouse databases but i'm getting error like: sp_Compare is incompatible.

I tried to do schema compare in Visual studio 2012 version

Please let me know if there are any other options available to do schema compare between two diff Azure SQL Datawarehouse databases.

Thanks

Tuesday, July 31, 2018 7:25 PM

All replies

• Hi MS_Novice,

Azure SQL Data Warehouse does have some Visual Studio tools available but, I am not sure of the schema_compare feature is available. What I have provided below are the instructions for installing VS2017 + Expansion Packs for SQL Data Warehouse. This should get you schema migration + related tools. 

Install Visual Studio and SSDT for SQL Data Warehouse

Migrate your schemas to SQL Data Warehouse

Please le me know if you have additional questions.

Regards,

Mike

Tuesday, July 31, 2018 8:29 PM
  • Hi,

I installed VS2017 in Azure VM and i was able to do schema compare if i select 'Master' database as both source and Target, but if i select any different user database(s) as source and Target i'm getting error as:

Severity	Code	Description	Project	File	Line	Suppression State
    Error		Parse error at line: 1, column: 5: Incorrect syntax near 'ANSI_NULLS'.			0	

Is there any work around for this issue, please do let me know.

Thanks

Sarthak

Friday, August 3, 2018 5:13 AM
  • Any solution?

Bug is present in last versions

vs2019 or vs2017

SSDT last version too.

Thursday, August 1, 2019 12:59 PM
  • This is more of an issue with Visual Studio than with SQL Data Warehouse. And with the newer platform for reporting features and issues, the Visual Studio product team has implemented: Suggest a Feature. Please use this newer platform (replacing User Voice) to report this issue. There is also a means to report issue directly from Visual Studio. Please see the document that I linked for more information. You will also get more attention with issues related to Visual Studio. Apologies for the delay.

Thank you!

Thursday, August 22, 2019 12:18 AM