none
FileUploadMiscError RRS feed

• Question

• I used a custom image to create a pool. it's ok that i submit and run the jobs on this pool at first time. Then, when another people run the same jobs on this pool. it will failed with Failure info:

Category: ServerError
    Code: FileUploadMiscError
    Message: A miscellaneous error was encountered while uploading one of the output file

Name: AdditionalErrorCodeValue:FailureExitCode

Then i delete this pool and run the code(it will create a new pool), then it success! 

why will have this porblem? 

• Edited by shq(STCA) Friday, June 7, 2019 9:11 AM
    Friday, June 7, 2019 9:09 AM

All replies

• Can you please share the following information so that we can assist better:

1. Since when have you been seeing this issue?

2. Which region is your Azure batch or storage located in?

2. Are you trying to persist log files to Azure Blob storage from Azure Batch? Please elaborate on your scenario.

There is a thread on stack overflow, please check if this is your scenario and if that helps. Let me know.

Friday, June 7, 2019 8:03 PM
  • Have you followed the instructions for debugging file upload errors here: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/batch/batch-task-output-files#diagnose-file-upload-errors

Specifically, do you have the content of fileuploadout.txt and fileuploaderr.txt?

Monday, June 10, 2019 6:30 PM
    Owner
  • Any update on this? 

If a answer was useful remember to "Up-Vote" and "Mark as Answer" so others in the community can easily find it. 

Friday, June 14, 2019 10:39 PM
  • Hi, 

#1 . These issue will happen when the pool was used for a while, such as add 80 tasks. I saw this issue since last two week or earlier.

#2. My azure batch located in West US2 and my storage located in West US

#3. I didn't persist log files. I saw this thread on stack overflow and it doesn't work.

Thanks.

Monday, June 17, 2019 7:06 AM
  • Hi, 

he content of fileuploadout.txt and fileuploaderr.txt is empty. 

Thanks.

Monday, June 17, 2019 7:07 AM

2. Are you trying to persist log files to Azure Blob storage from Azure Batch? Please elaborate on your scenario.

There is a thread on stack overflow, please check if this is your scenario and if that helps. Let me know.

as well as BlobDownloadMiscError. 

upload and Download both have similar issue.

i can temporarily fix this issue by deleting pool. but if my data is big, this will happen at the process of my experiments

Monday, June 17, 2019 8:26 AM

M, For Example i will create a pool(3 nodes). then add one job will 20 tasks inside. Then the node will run tasks one by one. If this job Completed, i will add another job with the same pool(i did not delete this pool)

I found the task will fail when about 3 tasks successed.

Monday, June 17, 2019 9:24 AM