none
How to add Project 365 to existing Office 365 subscribed through GoDaddy RRS feed

• Question

• We subscribe to Office 365 through our GoDaddy account.  Is there a way to add Project 365 to this subscription?  If not (meaning we have to go through Microsoft) is there a way to merge these accounts?  It appears we would need a different sign in to access Project from Office.

Thanks,

Monday, January 26, 2015 8:05 PM

All replies

• You should be able to add this as the global administrator. If you go to the App Launcher and select Admin, under Billing, there is a subscription link. Click there. The Add new subscription option is at the top.

Treb Gatte, Project MVP | http://www.tumbleroad.com | @TumbleRoad

Monday, January 26, 2015 8:45 PM
  • Treace Medical, I know that it's been a year since you posed your question and I was curious if you were able to add Project 365 to your organization through Microsoft even though your 365 account is through GoDaddy.  Any information would be appreciated.  Best regards.
    Wednesday, January 13, 2016 10:12 PM
  • Alas, over a year later and given my endless phone calls to Microsoft and go-daddy today, the answer is still no. go-daddy does not include Project online (Standard or professional) in it's catalogue.
    Monday, May 1, 2017 7:43 AM
  • I am in the same scenario what is the work around, i need project online subscription as soon as possible.

Any guidance is greatly appreciated.

developer

Tuesday, September 11, 2018 2:33 AM
  • I suspect the answer is to move your O365 subscription away from GoDaddy.

Ben Howard [MVP] | web | blog | book | downloads | P2O

Tuesday, September 11, 2018 9:11 AM
  • Old thread but same answer, learned the hard way. You cannot add any of the cloud-based Project plans (e.g. my client wants to use Plan 3) to a GoDaddy Office 365 subscription. I ended up creating a new account altogether using a <mydomain>.onmicrosoft.com domain during the signup process.

I will be migrating them away from the GoDaddy Office 365 subscription in the future even though it's a pain.

Edit: When I say "learned the hard way", I was actually able to purchase a subscription using the existing email address/domain hosted via GoDaddy Office 365. The problem comes when you try to log into office.com and actually use it... the SSO goes in circles back to GoDaddy and your license is nowhere to be found.

Thursday, July 2, 2020 12:37 AM