REST API for listing assets of particular storage account attached to media service RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I have Azure Media Service account and many storage accounts attached to that media service account. I want to list only assets which belongs to particular storage account using REST services. Is there any API for listing assets from particular storage account.

I looked into "https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/rest/api/media/assets/list" API and this API does not allow to filter based on 'properties/storageAccountName'.  Is there any other API or other settings to same API so that I can list only assets which belong to particular storage account?

Thanks,

Navaneeth 

Thursday, November 21, 2019 7:39 AM

All replies

• Currently that is not supported by the API. 

See this list of supported filters, ordering, etc. 

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/media-services/latest/entities-overview#filtering-and-ordering-options-of-entities

Is it possible for you to do that filtering of the JSON list on the client side with a javascript library like RxJS?

Thursday, November 21, 2019 7:23 PM
  • Hi John,

Thanks for the reply. Filtering based on storage account is important feature in Azure Media Services. Can I know when this will be implemented?.

I tried filtering using .Net 'Newtonsoft.Json' but it takes larger time since I have more than 1000 assets. I don't think this is best idea. It would be better if provided from your end.

Thanks,

Navaneeth

Monday, November 25, 2019 12:13 PM
  • Hello,

Any update on filtering assets based on storage account?

In v2 API we can use filter in query parameter $filter=StorageAccountName eq 'storage_account_name'. We are trying to migrate v2 to v3 but due to this we are unable to migrate. Is there any other way that I can get assets based on storage account?

Regards,

Navaneeth

Thursday, January 9, 2020 9:05 AM
  • Hello,

Any update on filtering assets based on storage account name?

Regards,

Navaneeth

Monday, April 20, 2020 11:01 AM