Adding a new work item using power tools 2012 RRS feed

• Question

• I am trying to add a new state to the Bugs 

I installed power tools

now i am trying to connect to my Team foundation server

I select TFS server and project and then the Bug as the work item type

the minute i click OK, i get following error:

Cannot load "Filepath\TFSserver_project_Bug.wit" Could not load file or assembly 'Microsoft.VisualStudio.xmlEditor, version = 11.0.0.0, culture=nuetral, publickeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a' or one of its dependencies.  The system cannot fild the file specified.

Khan

Thursday, October 18, 2012 5:42 PM

Answers

• No a problem

It turned out that we need to run Visial Studio Ultimate in order to change the Work flow using the UI

However, exporting and importing of xml file will work without the ultimate version of TFS

Friday, October 19, 2012 8:46 PM
  • To be clear: You can use any SKU of Visual Studio, except for Express. So Pro or Premium should work too.

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.

Friday, October 19, 2012 9:05 PM

All replies

• Hi Khan, 

Thanks for your post.

What’s the version of your TFS Server and VS?  

John Qiao [MSFT]
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us

Friday, October 19, 2012 2:12 AM
  • Hi Khan,

I am moving your thread into the Team Foundation Server – Power Tools & Add-ons  Forum for dedicated support. Thanks for your understanding.

Best Regards,

Jack Zhai [MSFT]
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us

Friday, October 19, 2012 2:13 AM
  • No a problem

It turned out that we need to run Visial Studio Ultimate in order to change the Work flow using the UI

However, exporting and importing of xml file will work without the ultimate version of TFS

Friday, October 19, 2012 8:46 PM
  • To be clear: You can use any SKU of Visual Studio, except for Express. So Pro or Premium should work too.

Friday, October 19, 2012 9:05 PM
  • Edward,

I have the Test Edition, and I'm getting this error. Can't I use the VS2012 Test Edition to edit the Work Items?

Tuesday, November 27, 2012 1:30 PM
  • I am not 100% sure what the Test Edition installs, but I am pretty sure that it lays down the Team Explorer shell.

You need to have VS Pro or up in order to use the Process Editor to modify the work items.

We have a story on our backlog to improve that experience. Sorry for not having a better answer.

Wednesday, November 28, 2012 5:25 PM
  • It installs. But I get the Could not load file or assembly 'Microsoft.VisualStudio.xmlEditor, version = 11.0.0.0, culture=nuetral, publickeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a' or one of its dependencies.  The system cannot fild the file specified. error.

Tks anyways

Wednesday, November 28, 2012 8:00 PM