none
VNET Integration limit of 1??? RRS feed

• Question

• I am getting what I think is a legitimate bug.

I have app service plans, ( I have tried with multiple levels of premium and standard, newly created and existing ones) that If I put an app/function and integrate with the vnet then it works fine.

If I try to add a second or more vnet to that same service plan, I get

"Configure VNet to the App 
    VNet Configuration Failed.:
    Adding this VNET would exceed the app service plan VNET limit of 1"

But if I go to the App service plan, the limit expressly says 1 of 5.

I know this is in preview but wondering if this had been reported yet or not or what.

I found a workaround for this by adding the app to the vnet I want on another app service plan then "Change App Service Plan" to the original one, then the vnet integration shows 2 or 3 of 5. Just because that vnet is in there now doesn't mean that you can add other apps to the vnet in that app service plan, you get an error that the subnet is occupied with xxxxxxxx service if you do it that way.

Chaos causes progress, Order inhibits it.

• Edited by Goofoff Thursday, October 3, 2019 3:35 PM
    Thursday, October 3, 2019 3:33 PM

All replies

• Hi Goofoff,

I've been able to replicate your issue and I've started a discussion with the product team.

If you want to use multiple apps with the same vnet make sure they are on seperate subnets. Using the same subnet is not allowed by design. The bug occurred for me when trying to add the same vnet to multiple apps with different subnets, so you will still need to use the workaround you found for that until the product team has fixed the bug.

Friday, October 4, 2019 2:49 PM
    Owner
  • So I have a /23 which many apps integrated on just fine and wanted to use that for my vnet for most of my web/function apps development. Are you saying I need to make a separate subnet per app?? We are going to have hundreds of apps by the end of this, i would VERY MUCH not like to make a bunch of /29's 

• Edited by Goofoff Friday, October 4, 2019 4:16 PM
    Friday, October 4, 2019 3:40 PM
  • So I heard back form the product team and I was incorrect about the subnets- it is one subnet per app service plan, not one per app. The limit of one vnet per App Service Plan is correct, not a bug. The  existing gateway vnet connection allows up to five.

This is noted in the docs, but the portal experience is confusing.  I'm checking to see if the one VNET per App Service plan limitation is going to change for regional vnets in the near future. I'll update the docs to clarify and ask the portal team to note this somewhere as well.

Saturday, October 5, 2019 10:52 PM
    Owner
  • Hi Goofof,

Why would you want more than 1 vnet to the app?  What are you trying to do here?

Thanks,

Matt

Sunday, October 6, 2019 12:08 AM
  • Not to the a specific app but to the entire app service plan.

and you can do it through the work around because the app service plan says 5 vnet limit in the portal.

• Edited by Goofoff Thursday, October 10, 2019 7:30 PM
    Thursday, October 10, 2019 7:28 PM