none
Using SP2016 workflow to push item from one list into another RRS feed

• Question

• I work in a restricted environment so unfortunately I cannot share my code.

Here is my scenario: I would like to take the 'DueDate' column in my list and somehow with a workflow state that if the 'DueDate' reaches its date + 14days then I would like it 'pushed' into a new SP list. 

I understand I will have to have the new list made before I create this workflow. 

My question is which type of workflow do I choose since this will involve 2 separate lists and how do I create a workflow with this type of calculation ('DueDate' + 14 days).

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Best,

CMB

Also, if anyone can also answer if there is a way to send an alert email via SP workflow which can alert a group if a certain SP list reaches 4,800 items that would also be extremely helpful. I believe I could use a 'Loop' to count through all the 'IDs' but any help here is appreciated also.

CBM

Wednesday, May 20, 2020 3:50 AM

Answers

• Hello CMB,

You could use SharePoint designer to create a 2013 workflow on your list, the logic would like this:

If DueDate+14 days equals Today, create new item in ListB.

To do the caculation: 'DueDate' + 14 days, you could use the action "Add time to date". The sample workflow for your reference:

Best Regards,

Michael Han

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

SharePoint Server 2019 has been released, you can click here to download it.
    Click here to learn new features. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about SharePoint Server 2019.

• Marked as answer by C M Brooks Tuesday, June 2, 2020 10:33 AM
    Tuesday, June 2, 2020 8:30 AM

All replies

• Hello CMB,

You could use SharePoint designer to create a 2013 workflow on your list, the logic would like this:

If DueDate+14 days equals Today, create new item in ListB.

To do the caculation: 'DueDate' + 14 days, you could use the action "Add time to date". The sample workflow for your reference:

Best Regards,

Michael Han

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

SharePoint Server 2019 has been released, you can click here to download it.
    Click here to learn new features. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about SharePoint Server 2019.

• Marked as answer by C M Brooks Tuesday, June 2, 2020 10:33 AM
    Tuesday, June 2, 2020 8:30 AM
  • Thanks Michael. 

Works wonderfull . 

Best,

CMB

CBM

Tuesday, June 2, 2020 10:34 AM