none
ASDK in a test lab - Identity Provider RRS feed

• Question

• Hi guys, 

I'm trying to deploy ASDK in my test environment and just wondering if it is mandatory to have an azure subscription and Azure AD to proceed on this step.

Thank you.

Wednesday, July 10, 2019 4:20 AM

Answers

• It is possible to deploy the ASDK without an Azure subscription, but you will not be able to use most features until you register your environment with an Azure Subscription. 

Even though a subscription is needed for most features, The ASDK will not charge anything to your subscription and is free to use.

You will not need an existing AAD environment, and you can use the ADFS option while deploying to minimize the AAD parts of the deployment. 

Thursday, July 11, 2019 12:50 AM

All replies

• It is possible to deploy the ASDK without an Azure subscription, but you will not be able to use most features until you register your environment with an Azure Subscription. 

Even though a subscription is needed for most features, The ASDK will not charge anything to your subscription and is free to use.

You will not need an existing AAD environment, and you can use the ADFS option while deploying to minimize the AAD parts of the deployment. 

Thursday, July 11, 2019 12:50 AM
  • For me there is some ambiguity in installing ASDK
    Can I get help from you?
    I have an error installing the BAREMETAL file

Thanks & Regards
    Mehrdad

Friday, August 9, 2019 11:32 AM
  • @MehrdadHGh If you are receiving the validation failure errors, this is a known issue with some types of ram. This thread talks about it further and gives a workaround
    Monday, August 12, 2019 7:36 PM