none
web portal ssrs RRS feed

• Question

• hi,

my webportal of ssrs is very plain. no where to view folders or subcriptions.

it is very basic? why so?

Thursday, July 2, 2020 2:50 PM

All replies

• Hi 

What's kind of user are you login and what role and permission of this user? I think  it should be permission issue. You can try to login with administrator user if possible so that you can have full permission to view or change folders or subscription. If you are not administrator, please contact administrator to grant you proper right. 

The following table describes the predefined scope of the roles:

PREDEFINED ROLE DEFINITIONS
    Predefined role Scope Description
    Content Manager Role Item May manage content in the Report Server. This includes folders, reports, and resources.
    Publisher Role Item May publish reports and linked reports to the Report Server.
    Browser Role Item May view folders, reports, and subscribe to reports.
    Report Builder Role Item May view report definitions.
    My Reports Role Item May publish reports and linked reports; manage folders, reports, and resources in a users My Reports folder.
    System Administrator Role System View and modify system role assignments, system role definitions, system properties, and shared schedules, in addition to create role definitions, and manage jobs in Management Studio.
    System User Role System

View system properties, shared schedules, and allow use of Report Builder or other clients that execute report definitions.

More details about role and permission, you can refer to this series of articles:

Grant permissions on a native mode report server

Role definitions - predefined roles

Role Assignments

Hope it will help

Best Regards

Dawn

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Friday, July 3, 2020 1:11 AM
  • my webportal of ssrs is very plain. no where to view folders or subcriptions.

I guess you opened the Report Server URL = http://server/reportserver, not the Report Manager URL = http://serrver/reports

Olaf Helper

[ Blog] [ Xing] [ MVP]

Friday, July 3, 2020 5:58 AM
  • Hello friend,
    Have you solved the question?
    If you have resolved your issue, could you please mark the useful reply as answer? This can be beneficial to other community members finding and reading the thread easily. 
    In addition, if you have another questions, please feel free to ask.
    Thanks for your contribution.

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, July 7, 2020 2:35 AM