WCFTestClient from VS2010 does not support Tuple RRS feed

• Question

• Hi All,

I have a method in my servicecontract (for a standard http web service) like:

[OperationContract]
    void GetTuple(int id, out Tuple<int,string> ret);

When I launch my wcf test client from visual studio the operation has a (!) symbol in red and is disabled. When mouseover, a tooltip appears:

This Operation is not supported in the WCF Test Client because it uses type System.Tuple'2[[System.Int32, mscorlib, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089],[System.String, mscorlib, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089]]

Any Ideas?

When using a standard client it serializes the classes with no problem...
    Tuesday, March 9, 2010 4:49 PM

Answers

• The WCF test client is just a simple application that can be used to quickly test your service application, but it is not intended to cover all the functionality that is provided in the framework. WCF test client will work fine for most scenarios, and you can use it very quickly without having to develop a client application for it. However, for those cases in which it is not possible to use WCF test client, writing a client app with a reference to your service will always let you know if your service is working fine or not.

Hope this helps.

Amadeo
    Tuesday, March 9, 2010 9:38 PM