Default Details Screen weirdness- details page not used as default even after setting it as default RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

Have been trying to use a details screen that I created in VS 2012 RC as default for an entity.

I created the details screen the standard way- checked the checkmark to use as details default for an entity. Also went to entity itself to confirm that that details page was chosen as the one for usage for details for that entity.

I compiled it and ran it, and it still uses the autogenerated one ( modal).

This was happening in a specific application of mine. Just in case it was something I had accidently set in the application itself, i created a completely new single entity application and created a grid and a details page for it. Again i set the details to be the default details page for the entity. I compiled and ran it and the modal auto details window came up rather than the one I had specified.

Has anyone else seen this weirdness in VS 2012 RC?

Is this a bug?

No error message of any kind comes up and no compile errors...

Thanks for any information that can be provided

Saturday, August 4, 2012 10:25 PM

Answers

• ok I found the answer I think.

I was assuming that the details screen should come up on any edit request in a grid. That might be wrong. When I created a details screen and  a search screen on an entity and indicate the details screen is to be used as a default, it does get used as the default of 'details' for the search screen.

For any other type of screen to be used as 'details' called as an edit from a grid- the navigation has to be coded . I remembered  I had a couple of examples of using one screen for both add and edit . That re reminded me.

Sorry for false alarm...

• Marked as answer by lvsund Saturday, August 4, 2012 11:26 PM
    Saturday, August 4, 2012 11:26 PM