Guaranteed resources to reach 1500 viewers at 2 mbps without encoder RRS feed

• Question

• Hi. I need to guarantee resources to reach 1500 viewers at 2 mbps without encoder with a single stream at 576p, therefore to have at least 3 gbps of guaranteed bandwidth

I'm not understanding how to set this in the live stream settings.

Thank you.

• Edited by openaspace Sunday, May 31, 2020 3:40 PM update
    Sunday, May 31, 2020 3:39 PM

All replies

• If you do not want cloud encoding to split that into different streams, it sounds like you want to do a passthrough Live Event if you only want the 2 Mbps stream at 576p.  You would still need something on premise to generate the video stream and send that to the Live Event ingest URL via RTMP.  See https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/media-services/previous/media-services-live-streaming-with-onprem-encoders for more info.  

On the output side I'd recommend setting the default streaming endpoint to be a Premium endpoint so that you can scale the number of reserved units.  This allows you to scale based on the amount of bandwidth needed.  I'd also highly suggest enabling the CDN on the streaming endpoint as well.  With live streaming the CDN generally is very effective at handling a majority of the bandwidth needs.

Monday, June 1, 2020 3:43 PM