none
Why is display name "/FIRST ORGANIZATION..." RRS feed

• Question

• When I receive a message from another user in a different HO, the display name in the message header is correct, but the display name in the bottom pane of Outlook displays this persons name as "/O=FIRST ORGANIZATION/OU=EXCHANGE ADMINISTRATIVE GROUP (FYDIBOHF23SPDLT)/CN=RECIPIENTS/CN=OWEN_CHASTEAUX".

I'm running Exchange 2010 RTM.

Tuesday, June 14, 2011 1:10 AM

Answers

• Hi Marcus,

Would you like to continue our conversation via the e-mail?

For all people who is looking for the fix, I would like just to recommend to update to SP1 (more than 50% it will fix the issue).

HOWEVER... ***Please do not forget about another Enterprise Solutions coexistence such as BES etc. (I mean verify if SP1 is supported / additional configuration required.... just in case).

So, all planned changes on your own risk & be ready to check/fix ADSI settings.

Thank you.

Best regards, Dmitry Fitsner Support@ExpertServices.us | WebsitePanel Installations, Support & Consulting | Enterprise Solutions Planning & Deployment & Support. Website: ExpertServices.us ---ORDER ANY ENTERPRISE DEPLOYMENT AND GET A SECOND 25%-100% FREE !!!
    • Marked as answer by Owen Chastain Tuesday, August 2, 2011 4:13 PM
    Tuesday, June 21, 2011 4:40 AM
    Answerer

All replies

• Hi Owen,

Known issue. Already replied via e-mail.

Please look at http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/wspentsupport/thread/ade15f42-ba5a-4329-a77e-938226e7bcc4  

I would like to recommend you to try to update environement to SP1 (without hosting switch). Please be careful (on your own risk)> before complete required backup / read MS docs / useful forum posts (replies) > Update.

I’m closing your support request. Please confirm.

Thank you.

Best regards, Dmitry Fitsner Support@ExpertServices.us | WebsitePanel Installations, Support & Consulting | Enterprise Solutions Planning & Deployment & Support. Website: ExpertServices.us
    Wednesday, June 15, 2011 12:29 AM
    Answerer
  • Dmitry,

I think I need to point out that you, Cole and I never found a solution/fix to the problem. In other words, to the best of my knowledge, this issue remains unresolved.

Someone please (PLEASE!) correct me if I'm wrong here.

Thx&Rgds,
    Marcus.

Friday, June 17, 2011 6:20 PM
  • Hi Marcus,

It's been so long since I've heard from you. I hope you are doing well.

Sorry fo my questions... I didn't receive any reply from your side since our latest conversation, anyway...  Did you try to update to SP1 verify/correct required ADSI permissions?

What was done by your side, also in order to resolve?

Waiting for your reply.

Thank you.

Best regards, Dmitry Fitsner Support@ExpertServices.us | WebsitePanel Installations, Support & Consulting | Enterprise Solutions Planning & Deployment & Support. Website: ExpertServices.us ---ORDER ANY ENTERPRISE DEPLOYMENT AND GET A SECOND 25%-100% FREE !!!

Saturday, June 18, 2011 4:30 AM
    Answerer
  • Hi Dmitry,
    hope you are doing well too.
    I have not updated to SP1 yet, as I did not want to introduce another variable into the current problem. In addition there are some coexistence issues between Ex2007 and Ex2010 SP1 that I would like to avoid (i.e. migrate all 2007 users first).
    I have done extensive troubleshooting and am convinced this is a AD permissions issue on some object. I also am certain that this issue (legacyExchangeDN) and the Mailtips problem are related.
    Things I have found:
    - when typing in a "foreign" email address, Outlook does a web service call and returns (among other data) this (Outlook Logging):
    <t:InvalidRecipient xmlns:t="http://schemas.microsoft.com/exchange/services/2006/types">true</t:InvalidRecipient>

This tells me the web service call is working fine, it's returning "true", which is actually (of course) incorrect.
    - I have tried tracing the web service AD calls, but unfortunately there was no usable information there.
    - On a test account I turned off Mailtips in Outlook, which seems to "hide" the issue. Unfortunately this is not a complete solution, the issue still becomes visible in other clients (like MacOS).

Questions:
    - Should Mailtips be enabled at the server level (" Get-OrganizationConfig | fl *mailtips* ")? Disabling functionality is not cool, but if that is what it takes ...
    - There have been so many posts on AD permissions corrections ( Websitepanel, "Omar's hack" etc), can we post a "consolidated" view of all necessary steps - also for the benefit of others.
    Thx&Rgds,
    Marcus

• Edited by MarcusB Monday, June 20, 2011 5:36 PM typos
    Monday, June 20, 2011 5:35 PM
  • Hi Marcus,

Would you like to continue our conversation via the e-mail?

For all people who is looking for the fix, I would like just to recommend to update to SP1 (more than 50% it will fix the issue).

HOWEVER... ***Please do not forget about another Enterprise Solutions coexistence such as BES etc. (I mean verify if SP1 is supported / additional configuration required.... just in case).

So, all planned changes on your own risk & be ready to check/fix ADSI settings.

Thank you.

• Marked as answer by Owen Chastain Tuesday, August 2, 2011 4:13 PM
    Tuesday, June 21, 2011 4:40 AM
    Answerer
  • Hi Dmitry,

absolutely ! :)

Do you still have my email address?

Thx - Marcus.

Thursday, June 23, 2011 10:32 PM
  • Hi Marcus,

Sorry for delays.

Already continued via the e-mail.

Thank you.

Saturday, June 25, 2011 4:53 AM
    Answerer
  • Pressionei o F1 do Outlook.

Pesquisei por SP1

Veio a instrução simples do botão direito sobre a janela iniciar.

Executei isso

Veio opçao de desinstalar ou alterar. Optei por ALTERAR

A seguir veio opção de REPARAR RAPIDO.

Estou aplicando esta.

Acho que vai dar certo...

Friday, August 18, 2017 7:04 AM