none
Error Training Regression Model RRS feed

• Question

• I setup an Azure ML Experiment, using Regression, to predict target variables.  I have the standard modules to do Import, Select Columns, Split, Train, Score, and Evaluate.  I am using Linear Regression to train the model.  As I know, Linear Regression requires all features to be numeric.  I'm getting an error in the Train Model step (module).  Several of my features in the dataset are labeled data.  I looked for a one-hot-encoding module, but didn't fine one.  It looks like one-hot-encoding should come from something named 'Convert To Indicator Values', but I can't find it anywhere.  The closest thing I can find is called Edit Metadata but it doesn't seem appropriate to use that module in this scenario.  Where can I find the Convert To Indicator Values module?  Or, does Azure somehow handle labels to numerics automatically?  It would be nice if it's somehow intelligent to handle this automatically, but I don't think it works like that.  I think that's what's causing these errors that I'm seeing.

Please offer some guidance.

Thanks.

MY BOOK

Tuesday, November 12, 2019 11:58 PM

All replies

• Hi,

Are you using the Azure ML Studio (Designer) or the Azure ML Studio (Classic)? Based on the documentation, it seems that Convert to Indicator Values module is not available in Azure ML Designer. I am currently investigating this; will let you know if there are other modules that can help accomplish this task or whether this module will be added to Azure ML Designer any time soon. Thanks.

Regards,

GiftA-MSFT.

If a post helps to resolve your issue, please click “Mark as Answer” and/or “Vote as helpful”. By marking a post as Answered and/or Helpful, you help others find the answer faster.  Thanks.

Wednesday, November 13, 2019 6:47 PM
  • I am in Designer.  My understanding is that this Convert To Indicator Values (module) is only available in the Classic environment.  There should be something, not sure what but something, to convert non-numerics to numerics.  Otherwise, how can you, me, or anyone do any kind of machine learning.  This is a very fundamental thing in the ML world.  I can't believe Microsoft removed this and didn't offer a substitute.  Very bizarre.  Please let me know what you find.  Thanks.

MY BOOK

Wednesday, November 13, 2019 8:18 PM
  • Hi,

Just want to let you know that I am still inquiring on this module. Will keep you posted as soon as I gather more information. Thanks.

Regards,

GiftA-MSFT.

If a post helps to resolve your issue, please click “Mark as Answer” and/or “Vote as helpful”. By marking a post as Answered and/or Helpful, you help others find the answer faster.  Thanks.

Friday, November 15, 2019 6:22 PM
  • Hi,

I received feedback from the product team that Convert to Indicator Value is under development and would probably be released sometime in the next 1-2 months. Hope this helps. Thanks.

Regards,

GiftA-MSFT.

Tuesday, November 19, 2019 10:08 PM