none
Error Moving ClickOnce to new URL RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I am attempting to move URL for ClickOnce application to another update location on the web(another hosting server for URL updates). I am getting "You cannot start application from this location because it is already installed from a different location.

I have seen a tutorial where it is suggested that I should deploy an intermittent version of the app to on old location that is looking for updates on the new location, along with deploying the app to a new location, but that gave me the same error.

In Publishing Wizard:  my publish location is simply a folder "publish/", I am installing the app from CD_ROM or DVD-ROM and update is made from a URL(this is the parameter I am have to change as updates will have to be made from another URL).

Please help me resolve this.

Nemnaja Sovic

• Edited by Nemanja011 Friday, October 11, 2019 9:16 PM
    Friday, October 11, 2019 9:14 PM

All replies

• Hi,

Please try to uninstall the app in Control Panel, delete the cache in path "C:\Users\username\AppData\Local\Apps\2.0\", and reinstall the application.

Regards,

Kyle

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Monday, October 14, 2019 1:17 AM
  • Hello,

Regrettably, this is not a preferred option as the client has this app distributed to over 70 users, some of which are not technical enough to execute the proposed instructions.

Given the above, my questions are: 

1. Is the method that I have described in my initial post valid, namely: publishing the distribution site to the old URL, packaged so that the new URL is set for application update? I am willing to try this again as I could have made a mistake in deployment.

2. If not, is there a way a distributor of the app can govern the  'old' application uninstall and installation of the new version of the app that is pointing to the new URL?

Note: the new URL has changed protocol from http to https, if that matters.

Thank you

Nemnaja Sovic

Monday, October 14, 2019 4:14 AM