none
Azure Data Factory - Dynamics Sink - not support enitity systemuserroles RRS feed

• Question

• Hello!

I am developing a solution in Data Factory to sync master data with Dynamics. I implemented scenario to update business units and users, so I want to update the roles assigned to users, but I cant do this, I getting this message:

"Failure happened on 'Sink' side. ErrorCode=UserErrorDynamicsOperationFailed,'Type=Microsoft.DataTransfer.Common.Shared.HybridDeliveryException,Message=,Source=,''Type=Microsoft.DataTransfer.Common.Shared.HybridDeliveryException,Message=Dynamics operation failed with error code: -2147219456, error message: The 'Update' method does not support entities of type 'systemuserroles'..,Source=Microsoft.DataTransfer.ClientLibrary.DynamicsPlugin,''Type=System.ServiceModel.FaultException`1[[Microsoft.Xrm.Sdk.OrganizationServiceFault, Microsoft.Xrm.Sdk, Version=8.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35]],Message=The creator of this fault did not specify a Reason.,Source=Microsoft.DataTransfer.ClientLibrary.DynamicsPlugin,''Type=Microsoft.DataTransfer.Common.Shared.HybridDeliveryException,Message=Dynamics operation failed with error code: -2147219456, error message: The 'Update' method does not support entities of type 'systemuserroles'..,Source=Microsoft.DataTransfer.ClientLibrary.DynamicsPlugin,''Type=System.ServiceModel.FaultException`1[[Microsoft.Xrm.Sdk.OrganizationServiceFault, Microsoft.Xrm.Sdk, Version=8.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35]],Message=The creator of this fault did not specify a Reason.,Source=Microsoft.DataTransfer.ClientLibrary.DynamicsPlugin,'"

Does it mean that Upsert method does not supported for some of the entities?

Any ideas for  workaround?

Best Regards

Inga

Thursday, July 11, 2019 1:18 PM

All replies

• I believe the error message says thet you are tring to update the systemuserroles and its not allowed 

"The 'Update' method does not support entities of type 'systemuserroles'..,"

The fields which are allowed are called out in the below doc .
    https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/data-factory/connector-dynamics-crm-office-365#data-type-mapping-for-dynamics

Thanks Himanshu

Thursday, July 11, 2019 9:57 PM
  • Hi, Himanshu

Thanks you for your response.

I still confused. "systemuserroles" is an entity that I trying to upsert to. The entity has three fields, all are of them are type Guid that is supported. 

Not sure how to fix this..

Regards Inga

Monday, July 15, 2019 8:12 AM
  • Looks like the entity systemuserroles doesn’t support “Update” method. Could you please make sure that all the PK (systemuserroles_id) to be upserted are unique? Or maybe you can leave the PK column empty so that the “Upsert” will automatically fail back to be purely “Insert”.

Tuesday, July 16, 2019 6:06 AM
  • Hi,

Thanks for reply, as you suggested, I tried both alternatives with no luck :(

1) Tested with the request when I generate new PK. Still getting the message saying 

"..The Update method does not support entities of type systemuserroles.."

2) Tested with empty systemuserrolesid field. Getting the following error message: 

"..Message=Input DataSet must contain keycolumn(s) in Upsert/Update scenario. Missing key column(s): systemuserroleid,Source=Microsoft.DataTransfer.ClientLibrary.DynamicsPlugin,'.."

Regards Inga

Tuesday, July 16, 2019 7:55 AM