x-ms-webview control for Windows 8 OS RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

Windows 8.1 OS comes with nice control x-ms-webview for WinJS, which was supported in XAML for Windows 8 OS. Currently we are migrating to x-ms-webview control from iframe, as we need to pass some header information to the application running inside of WebView control.

Issue is, there are almost 40% users will be using Windows 8 OS for some specific reason. So is there any workaround to support WebView control (Win JS) for Window 8 OS also.

Otherwise, please let me know is there any possibilities to send some information such as Security Token in the header of the request from parent application to application inside iframe, which could solve my issue for using WebView control.

Many Thanks, Thirumalai M

Monday, October 7, 2013 9:14 AM

Answers

• There are no plans to backport the JavaScript WebView to 8.0 - the upgrade to 8.1 is free, the should use it.  The only alternative is to manually construct your request using XHR and display the content in the iframe.

Matt Small - Microsoft Escalation Engineer - Forum Moderator
    If my reply answers your question, please mark this post as answered.

NOTE: If I ask for code, please provide something that I can drop directly into a project and run (including XAML), or an actual application project. I'm trying to help a lot of people, so I don't have time to figure out weird snippets with undefined objects and unknown namespaces.

Monday, October 7, 2013 12:48 PM

All replies

• There are no plans to backport the JavaScript WebView to 8.0 - the upgrade to 8.1 is free, the should use it.  The only alternative is to manually construct your request using XHR and display the content in the iframe.

Matt Small - Microsoft Escalation Engineer - Forum Moderator
    If my reply answers your question, please mark this post as answered.

NOTE: If I ask for code, please provide something that I can drop directly into a project and run (including XAML), or an actual application project. I'm trying to help a lot of people, so I don't have time to figure out weird snippets with undefined objects and unknown namespaces.

Monday, October 7, 2013 12:48 PM
  • Thanks Matt Small.
    Monday, October 7, 2013 4:54 PM