The following forum(s) are migrating to a new home on Microsoft Q&A (Preview): Azure DevTest Labs!

Ask new questions on Microsoft Q&A (Preview).
Interact with existing posts until December 13, 2019, after which content will be closed to all new and existing posts.

Learn More

none
How to enable programmatic access for a gallery image in Azure subscription? RRS feed

• Question

• Iam trying to create a Ubuntu server lab using Azure Lab Services account and followed the below steps.

In screenshot 1, I have already enabled the Ubuntu Server 18.04 LTS in Lab Services – Marketplace images.

Screenshot-1

In screenshot 2, enabled marketplace image is listed in lab setup page

Screenshot-2

In screenshot 3, Error:  The gallery image 'ubuntu server 18_04 lts' must be enabled for programmatic access in this subscription.

Screenshot-3

Can anyone help me how to resolve this error - "The gallery image 'ubuntu server 18_04 lts' must be enabled for programmatic access in this subscription."

Wednesday, September 11, 2019 12:36 PM

All replies

• Thank you Bhanu for bringing this to our attention. Was able to replicate the issue and reached out to our internal product team to further understand the issue, will keep you updated accordingly.
    Wednesday, September 11, 2019 6:23 PM
    Owner
  • Hi Bhanu,

Quick update on this issue, I did hear back from our Internal Product team and they have identified the issue and working towards fixing it. However, please be informed that ETA for the fix across all regions is expected to be next week. 

Hope this information helps.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thanks again for brining this to our attention. Will update the thread once the fix is deployed. 

Wednesday, September 11, 2019 9:23 PM
    Owner
  • Hi Bhanu,

Quick update, the issue should be resolved now and you should be able to create the virtual machine in the lab with 'Ubuntu Server 18.04 LTS' . 

If you are still seeing any issue, please feel free to revert back. Thanks again. 

Tuesday, September 24, 2019 6:59 PM
    Owner