none
Gantt chart - bars appearing very thin on screen (print produces normal height) RRS feed

• Question

• Using MS Project 2016 (Office 365) on Win10 (latest preview), the Gantt chart bars are appearing very thin.  The following has been tried with no effect:

• Re-installing doesn't help.  I've tried it twice now - also installed the 64-bit version with no luck.
    • The following setting under "Change the height of Gantt bars" is supposed to make it different, but I find it only applies to when they're printed - it does not affect the view.
    • Clicking the Reset button at the bottom of the Bar Styles dialog doesn't help.
    • Recover default formats from global template doesn't help.

Would appreciate any/all help.

Thanks

Thursday, December 1, 2016 12:11 AM

All replies

• Hi,

please check the text size in screen resolution for Windows 10. Try to set it to suggested values 150% or 200%. Log off from Windows 10 and back in again. It should work afterwards.Does that help?

Barbara

To increase the value of this forum, please mark the replies that helped to solve your issue as answer. If you find answers to questions from other forum participants to be helpful, please mark them as helpful. Your participation will help others to find an appropriate solution faster. Thanks for your support!

Thursday, December 1, 2016 6:43 AM
  • Thank you, Barbara.

I agree that it seems to be a problem with the scaling.  I use a Surface Book with default 175%.  Recommended is 200%.  I have tested your suggestion on both 150% and 200% with no luck.

Not sure how one would go about getting this elevated?

Thanks
    Wil

[DanProject has also commented as follows on the MS-Project 2016 forum: "In my opinion Microsoft Project bars not supporting the "Scaling feature" available in Win10.
    Try this:
    - Customize your display: Change the size of text, apps, and other items: (change to lower value.. e.s. in my Surface.. 150%)
    - restart your device
    - Scaling back to 175%
    - Open Project and bars look fine...
    but after next restart of device.... the problem is still there!!!
    We need un update on Microsoft Project to better support "display scaling"."]

Wilhelm van der Merwe | Brisbane, Australia

Tuesday, December 6, 2016 9:56 PM
  • Hi Wilhelm,

sorry, the only way to get a solution is to open a support incident.

Regards
    Barbara

To increase the value of this forum, please mark the replies that helped to solve your issue as answer. If you find answers to questions from other forum participants to be helpful, please mark them as helpful. Your participation will help others to find an appropriate solution faster. Thanks for your support!

Wednesday, December 7, 2016 4:22 PM
  • Wilhelm, did you ever get an answer to the issue you stated above?

Larry Christofaro, PMP, MCITP

Wednesday, September 27, 2017 8:57 PM
  • Very useful. I did it, it worked.
    Monday, October 28, 2019 8:18 PM