none
Azure Stack Blue Screen Error(INACCESSIBLE BOOT DEVICE) RRS feed

• Question

• Looks like im following all the steps properly as given in the website and my hardware also meet the requirements. I have also run the pre-check code to verify the same. On looking at other answers they were suggesting to inject Drivers and hence i did inject drivers for DELL EMC PowerEdge 740 series. But still no luck and im getting the same error.

Please help.

Tuesday, August 20, 2019 10:29 AM

Answers

• This issue Has Happened in the past, and it was fixed by installing needed storage drivers onto the VHDX. If you have any special storage drivers for your system, try using the process outlined in that post to install the driver .

You can also try re-downloading the .VHDX and seeing if it was an issue with the download. 

Wednesday, August 21, 2019 6:42 PM
  • Yes the setup worked for me now! the issue was with the driver. And to be specific about this solution we would need a "System Management" Driver (I injected it for Dell PowerEdge740).

Thanks for the help @TravisCragg

• Edited by Rajath Av Thursday, August 22, 2019 6:16 PM
    • Marked as answer by Rajath Av Thursday, August 22, 2019 6:17 PM
    Thursday, August 22, 2019 4:15 AM

All replies

• Are you getting these errors while using nested virtualization?

Also, where & when are you getting these errors? During the initial booting of the .VHDX, or after a reboot while deploying the ASDK?

Wednesday, August 21, 2019 1:17 AM
  • Im getting the error at initial boot of the VHDX. Im running windows server 2016 on a bare metal hardware.
    • Edited by Rajath Av Wednesday, August 21, 2019 7:03 AM
    Wednesday, August 21, 2019 6:10 AM
  • This issue Has Happened in the past, and it was fixed by installing needed storage drivers onto the VHDX. If you have any special storage drivers for your system, try using the process outlined in that post to install the driver .

You can also try re-downloading the .VHDX and seeing if it was an issue with the download. 

Wednesday, August 21, 2019 6:42 PM
  • Yes the setup worked for me now! the issue was with the driver. And to be specific about this solution we would need a "System Management" Driver (I injected it for Dell PowerEdge740).

Thanks for the help @TravisCragg

• Edited by Rajath Av Thursday, August 22, 2019 6:16 PM
    • Marked as answer by Rajath Av Thursday, August 22, 2019 6:17 PM
    Thursday, August 22, 2019 4:15 AM