none
Organizer's event is not updated in outlook.com when receiving an response mail with ics sending through ActiveSync. RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

Both Alice and Bob are free account from outlook.com.Bob syncs with EAS protocol 14.0.

When Alice creates an event and invites Bob and Bob respond with SendMail command with an ics REPLY command. We found that the event on Alice's calendar does not update.

We followed "Sending response notifications" in a blog post  (https://blogs.msdn.microsoft.com/exchangedev/2011/07/29/working-with-meeting-responses-in-exchange-activesync/) ,

i.e. The mail has subject Accepted: <event title> and in the ics attendee part, we added ATTENDEE;PARTSTAT=ACCEPTED;CN=Alice:MAILTO:<organizer>

However, the event does not update when the organizer receives the email sent from bob.

Interestingly I tested this on some more servers(Exchange 2013, Exchange 2016 and Office 365), this only happens on outlook.com. How can I update the organizer's(on outlook.com) event through SendMail command?

Thank you

Thursday, May 24, 2018 1:26 PM

All replies

• Hello KmsKms,
    Thank you for your inquiry about ActiveSync protocol. We have created an incident for investigating this issue. One of the Open specifications team member will contact you shortly.

Regards,
    Sreekanth Nadendla
    Microsoft Windows Open specifications
    Thursday, May 24, 2018 2:40 PM
  • Hello KmsKms:

Please send a mail to my attention at dochelp at microsoft.com. I'll share the steps to collect logs from outlook.com and a secure file transfer link to upload the logs.

Thanks.

Tarun Chopra | Escalation Engineer | Open Specifications Support Team

Friday, May 25, 2018 7:59 PM
  • Hello KmsKms:

We are still looking forward to receive an email from you at dochelp at Microsoft.com to assist you further. 

Thanks

Thursday, May 31, 2018 11:57 PM
  • Hello KmsKms - 

We have closed our investigation as we didn't hear back from you. Kindly open a new post if you need our help in future and we will be happy to assist.

Thanks

Wednesday, June 6, 2018 3:33 PM