none
Error in ESB Portal configuration RRS feed

• Question

• I have installed all the pre-requisites, I am configuring it on the single machine. SQL server is on the same machine. EsbExceptionDB has been created successfully but there is no tables in the DB. I am re-configuring the EsbExceptionDB in ESB toolkit configuration but the result is same. I am not getting any error. Due to some reason I can delete the DB. Can some one suggest me how to solve this issue by re-configuration of the Esb tool kit ?  
    Tuesday, November 18, 2014 6:02 PM

Answers

• Do you see any errors while deleting database? Any additional event on event viewer? No error/exception seems to be weird to me. If you can't delete database means there might be issue creating one?? (Might be permission issue) Are you admin in the Box/has sufficient permission to do the action in SQL Server/IIS etc? 
    Which version of BizTalk/MSSQL Server/ESB Toolkit you are trying to configure? Hope you have IIS 6 Management compatibility installed.

I would still suggest to unconfigure, clean leftover (e.g. delete SQL databases EsbExceptionDB, and EsbItineraryDB, webservices) and configure again, follow this step by step by Sandro which is helpful and with pictures.

If this answers your question please mark it as Answer and if this post is helpful, please vote as helpful. Thanks !

Wednesday, November 19, 2014 5:45 AM
  • No, while unconfiguring, EsbExceptionDb is not deleting and I am not deleting it manually. After unconfigure, trying to reconfigure the EsbExceptionDb again using the same existing DB, but since it is using existing DB, it is not updating it. After reconfiguration also EsbExceptionDb is empty.

You need to delete the existing ESBExceptionDb Manually after you click on  unconfigure . You cannot overwrite the existing empty ESBExceptionDb .Or else name the select new db and rename default ESBExceptionDb to  ESBExceptionDbNew and go ahead with configuration.
    Thursday, November 20, 2014 7:52 AM

All replies

• hi,

The permissions for creating db is not that different from creating tables as far as ESB configuration goes. Are you sure that you didn't miss a refresh or something? Try unconfigure and reconfigure again.

Praveen Behara
    MCST : BizTalk Server 2006 R2, 2010

Tuesday, November 18, 2014 7:11 PM
  • What exception you are getting while deleting empty ESBExceptionDb?

The alternative way is When you run the ESBConfiguration tool , Select create new database and rename the

ESBExceptionDb to ESBExceptionDbNew :) .This will resolve your issue :-

Thanks

Abhishek

Tuesday, November 18, 2014 7:25 PM
  • Unconfigure and re-configuration did not work. If I am changing EsbExceptionDb name, which all the places I need to change the EsbExceptionDb name when implementing Management portal, like in web.config file of Esb Portal, web.config file of Esb.Exception.service, is there any other file or services where EsbExceptionDb name has to be changed ?

Wednesday, November 19, 2014 5:19 AM
  • Do you see any errors while deleting database? Any additional event on event viewer? No error/exception seems to be weird to me. If you can't delete database means there might be issue creating one?? (Might be permission issue) Are you admin in the Box/has sufficient permission to do the action in SQL Server/IIS etc? 
    Which version of BizTalk/MSSQL Server/ESB Toolkit you are trying to configure? Hope you have IIS 6 Management compatibility installed.

I would still suggest to unconfigure, clean leftover (e.g. delete SQL databases EsbExceptionDB, and EsbItineraryDB, webservices) and configure again, follow this step by step by Sandro which is helpful and with pictures.

If this answers your question please mark it as Answer and if this post is helpful, please vote as helpful. Thanks !

Wednesday, November 19, 2014 5:45 AM
  • Unconfigure and re-configuration did not work. If I am changing EsbExceptionDb name, which all the places I need to change the EsbExceptionDb name when implementing Management portal, like in web.config file of Esb Portal, web.config file of Esb.Exception.service, is there any other file or services where EsbExceptionDb name has to be changed ?

only the Web.config file of ESB.Portal you need to modify with new ESBExceptionDb name :)

All done

Wednesday, November 19, 2014 6:00 AM
  • No, while unconfiguring, EsbExceptionDb is not deleting and I am not deleting it manually. After unconfigure, trying to reconfigure the EsbExceptionDb again using the same existing DB, but since it is using existing DB, it is not updating it. After reconfiguration also EsbExceptionDb is empty.
    Thursday, November 20, 2014 7:27 AM

You need to delete the existing ESBExceptionDb Manually after you click on  unconfigure . You cannot overwrite the existing empty ESBExceptionDb .Or else name the select new db and rename default ESBExceptionDb to  ESBExceptionDbNew and go ahead with configuration.
    Thursday, November 20, 2014 7:52 AM
  • Thanks, this also worked for me, i.e. deleting the database which had no tables anyway. 

I think what is misleading is the configuration tool has a checkbox that says "re-use existing database". 
    Even though I checked that, it didn't seem to help or matter. 

Neal Walters

Thursday, June 13, 2019 9:57 PM