Capturing print data from a POS Receipt printer while it is printing... RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I want to find out if there are some API calls available in POS.Net that I can use to build a C#.net application  to capture the data that is being printed from a USB POS receipt printer. Any pointers/ sample code will be appreciated.

Thanks

Siva

Monday, August 24, 2015 11:10 PM

All replies

• There is nothing in POS for .NET that captures the data being printed, but if you are writing the application that actually sends the data, you can capture within the application. Or is this not the case?

Sean Liming - Book Author: Starter Guide SIM (WEI), Pro Guide to WE8S & WES 7, Pro Guide to POS for .NET - www.annabooks.com / www.seanliming.com

Tuesday, August 25, 2015 2:09 AM
    Answerer
  • Hi Sean,

This is not part of th POS application itself but a windows service that sniffs any data that is being sent from the POS terminal to the receipt printer. I know conceptually that it is possible to build such an application but not sure if POS.Net had any APIs to provide any such functionality. If that is not available, do you know if I will be able to accomplish this via any Win32 APIs?

Thanks

Siva

Tuesday, August 25, 2015 2:26 AM
  • POS for .NET API doesn't have anything like this. I don't know if there is another Win32 API that performs such an operation. You might want to post to a general visual studio forum to see if someone in the wiser forum has an answer.

Sean Liming - Book Author: Starter Guide SIM (WEI), Pro Guide to WE8S & WES 7, Pro Guide to POS for .NET - www.annabooks.com / www.seanliming.com

Tuesday, August 25, 2015 3:22 PM
    Answerer